Renault car coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Renault engined car (D4F 1.2L). Does anybody know for sure what's the coolant prefered by Renault? Traditional, OAT, HOAT? How about Toyota Long Life?

Thanks.

Renault uses a DexCool-like coolant.

Basically the Europeans are using two types - DexCool-like OATs for GM, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, VW, Audi, and some others - and G-05 type coolants for Mercedes, Chysler, and a few others.

If you completely flush the system, G-05 HOAT, Toyota, and the DexCool OAT should alll work reasonably well.

Thanks.

Just wondering. Is there any reason why we can't use Traditional silicate coolant in a Renault?

Hi. Yes, I know OAT and HOAT are longer lasting in the radiator and I uses them in my other car. But I am still interested as to whether Traditional coolant could or could not be used for any other technical reasons in an Renault engine that specifies OAT. Thanks.

Quote:

.... But I am still interested as to whether Traditional coolant could or could not be used for any other technical reasons in an Renault engine that specifies OAT. ....

The silicate in the conventional coolant is rougher on water pump seals and impellers, eventually "falls out" and clogs the radiator, and does not protect from corrosion as well.

Otherwise, conventional coolant could be used.

If I were going to switch it to anything, I'd consider the G-05 HOAT that Mercedes, Chrysler, and Ford uses.

It has some advantages over the DexCool clones and is relatively long-lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back