How reliable are AWD Challengers

From what I've read, the way these get stolen is the thieves get access to the fob. This isn't like the Kia Boyz.
I have a FOB CASE, which is way better than a faraday bag. Zero signal can come out.
Made by Vonetti….
Also have a lock over by the shifter, that covers the neutral release, should the battery go dead. Some thieves will pull the lever, and push them away, etc.
Only a tow truck can get me
However if someone wants to buy blank key fobs( for specific models),and get a FOB programmer for 809$, then they can take anyone down

I have a FOB CASE, which is way better than a faraday bag. Zero signal can come out.
Made by Vonetti….
Also have a lock over by the shifter, that covers the neutral release, should the battery go dead. Some thieves will pull the lever, and push them away, etc.
Only a tow truck can get me
However if someone wants to buy blank key fobs( for specific models),and get a FOB programmer for 809$, then they can take anyone down

I had a 2018 SRT 392 and regret selling it. Easily one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. Super comfortable, a pleasure to drive and just an overall great vehicle.

xtqJnNM.jpg

I will be certain to watch your videos. Have you figured out any methods for protecting your car from thieves?
D-Lock makes a neutral release cover lock
Cost me 35$
I bought a key fob case ( much better than a faraday bag) — made by Vonetti.
49$ and zero signal can get out of the fob case. They sell their products on Amazon and other vendors.
What people are unaware of, you can buy a Fob Programmer for 800$, without being a locksmith. Get some blank fobs for whichever model you want, and it’s a wrap.
There is really no stopping a professional.
But to stop a programmer, you can have the PCM flashed and locked at the dealer, to stop that.
If I had a Hellcat, that’s the way to go.

I had a 2018 SRT 392 and regret selling it. Easily one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. Super comfortable, a pleasure to drive and just an overall great vehicle.

xtqJnNM.jpg
Did you take any measures to prevent thieves? Was yours a daily driver?

I will be certain to watch your videos. Have you figured out any methods for protecting your car from thieves?
Thanks, I just have 2-3 videos of cars on there. Cold start videos, etc. after some exhaust modification.
The V6 can sound nice and scream, with the right setup

xtqJnNM.jpg
Looks beautiful !! I had a Purple Daytona 392 I loved, but life moves on …

No, no one bothered it in the 3 years I owned it. It was the only car we owned at one point so it was driven a lot.
Nice! Did you have to drive it into the downtown sections of a city famous for crime problems on a regular basis?

What made you decide to trade her in?

Nice! Did you have to drive it into the downtown sections of a city famous for crime problems on a regular basis?

What made you decide to trade her in?

What downtown city are you planning to drive to? Where I live is clearly stated in my profile. This is bordering on trolling...

What downtown city are you planning to drive to? Where I live is clearly stated in my profile. This is bordering on trolling...
My apologies. I forgot my manners. I will back off. I appreciate your advice.

I travel to all major cities in Missouri. And occasionally travel to Chicago and Cincinnati.

Last edited:
My apologies. I forgot my manners. I will back off. I appreciate your advice.

I travel to all major cities in Missouri. And occasionally travel to Chicago and Cincinnati.

Fair enough, you're traveling to some rough areas.

That's also why I am a bit secretative.
Then I'd not get a Charger. Get something that doesnt look like the 50 or a drug dealer (they historically drive the same things, as once the cop rags it out, the criminal scoops it up, lol). Get something actually incognito.

Then I'd not get a Charger. Get something that doesnt look like the 50 or a drug dealer (they historically drive the same things, as once the cop rags it out, the criminal scoops it up, lol). Get something actually incognito.
☝️ This right here. ☝️ Like I said earlier, gangbangers and drug dealers love Chargers and Challengers. They will pick up government surplus police cars at auctions.

Last edited:
☝️ This right here. ☝️ Like I said earlier, gangbangers and drug dealers love Chargers and Challengers. They will pick up government surplus police cars at auctions.
Yup. Want awd and incognito? Mazda cx5 turbo (similar to v6 awd charger performance), or rav4 (holds value crazy well), or maybe if you need a sedan with decent interior space, a Toyota Crown if budget allows (you may recoup on the fuel savings with this move, and its low key got 300+hp). Stuff like that. Not stuff that cops and dealers use.

Find an Ex-Law Enforcement Charger. They were available with AWD and the V8. We had a bunch of them before we transitioned to Ford stuff. We still have a few kicking around, although one of them isn't long for this world, it stopped by to drop off a customer the other night and it sounded like the lifter was about to get bashed through the block it was hammering so loud.

I believe they had the 5-speed trans as well, since it was stronger at the time if memory serves.
So they do have AWD V8?? I’ll keep my eyes open

Back