Received An Ad From Costco-Tire Sale

What’s your experience buying tires including mounting and balancing from Costco?
Are the savings really significant?
My plan was to get through the winter however if the prices are best now I’m thinking I should not wait.

I received the same ad yesterday and thought that was a pretty good deal. I've never bought tires from Costco. Always buy tires from America's Tire (Discount Tire).

Costco would not mount tires that did not match the door sticker size. Tires I wanted to mount were 17” OEM wheels with an OEM size tire from a base model. Brought the wheels and tires back not attached to the car and they had no problems mounting the tires.

Take a look at BJ's offerings if you are into warehouse shopping, far greater selection. No, I never purchased tires at either cult....let me correct that....club.

Best bet! I go to other places when looking specific tire (Continental) or track tires.
I live in Colorado Springs 10 years and I would say 90% of workers in Costco tire shop are still there. Good salary and benefits pay off as I NEVER had issues like in Discount Tires where they don’t torque wheels properly, forget to put TPMS on wheels etc. etc.

They've been about $150-200 cheaper, with installation/mount/balance, than other places around here including Discount Tire, Sam's, etc. especially when doing their ($xx off for tires or installation). The last time I bought tires was for the van and I got in on like $80 Michelin discount and the free install or whatever. Without the free install, they'd only be about $75-150 cheaper. However, the bad thing is we moved recently and now Costco is 2.5 hours away whereas Sam's and Discount Tire are 10 mins. :/

Best bet! I go to other places when looking specific tire (Continental) or track tires.
I live in Colorado Springs 10 years and I would say 90% of workers in Costco tire shop are still there. Good salary and benefits pay off as I NEVER had issues like in Discount Tires where they don’t torque wheels properly, forget to put TPMS on wheels etc. etc.
They receive Michelin training. I just had my non Costco tires balanced and rotated for $25. Had an appt...took about an hour. Only problem was they put 50# of air in my tires. They now have self service nitrogen inflators so I backed in there and corrected it. You set the pressure you want and it either adds or subtracts pressure.

Back