R.I.P. Robin Williams...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Was there a suicide note?

From what I recall from the press conference today this will be announced by officials at the final press conference which will not happen until the investigation and toxicology reports are complete.

Originally Posted By: MinamiKotaro
I hope he got away from whatever demons were haunting him. RIP.

Not true.

If there was demonic influence then it was the demons that drove him to that point to have the spirit leave the body and pass to then other side for the demons to take possession of the soul.

This body we carry and use is just the vehicle to show the physical reflection of the true inner self.

In the end time reveals all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
Originally Posted By: R80RS
His Wikipedia page is reporting "The coroner's office ruled the cause of death as suicide by asphyxiation...". He was pronounced dead at the scene.

I read somewhere that underlying depression is common in comedians and comic actors. What a loss and tragedy all around.

I once had a psychiatrist relative walk into the room many years ago while I was watching Williams carrying on on a talk show "Mork and Mindy" style. Psychiatrist who had no idea who he was, instantly said: "That man is a manic-depressive" (bi-polar now). Such people are at great risk in their depressive phase. Its a shame that such talented people have to be miserable a considerable part of their lives. I was never a big fan though. He was pretty uneven. A lot of comedians are good actors--even Adam Sandler. Williams wasn't one of them.

You are joking and disrespectful.

Adam Sandler better actor than Robin Williams.

Have you seen Sandlers movies ? These usually have no plot and revolve around bodily noises/functions aimed at primary school kids. Other than the wedding singer and fifty first days most of Sandlers movies are unbearable IMO.

You should retract your comments.

Robin Williams Mrs Doubtfire, Goodwill Hunting, Patch Adams are light years ahead of Sandlers best efforts IMO.

You make me sad in the fact that you have time for Sandler but not for Williams.

Williams movies had a positive message Sandlers movies usually a bad message.

I was shocked to hear he had a long term drug problem I grew up with him and he did on many occasions provide family entertainment except for some of his comedy routines on "Comedy Central Presents" which where at times it was disgusting what came out his mouth comparable to Sandler.

Last edited:
I didn't like the body-function and profanity based parts of Williams humor, but he was very funny when he stayed away from them. I think he was an excellent actor.

First, James Garner.
Now, Robin Williams.
Celebrities die in 3's. Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back