Quiet all terrains

Heck, I'll toss Nitto Recon Grapplers into the mix. I have them on 2018 F150 factory 275/55/20 wheels. They aren't overly loud at all. No such thing as a super quiet good A/T tire IMO.

Whoever said Toyo Open's above, mine were about as silent as the lambs.

Everyone who got Hankook factories in my year sharts on them. I liked them. Got 45k ish good miles out of them and another 6-8k ish tolerable. By 62k they were toast but still had tread.

Cooper Discoverer AT3’s have been great in my experience. They’re fairly quiet, get good traction, and have excellent tread life.

I ran them on my 04 F-150, and have them on my 2013. I’ve run through 3 sets and they’ve all gone 80-85k miles and still been above the wear bar indicator when replaced. I’m about due for tires again, and AT3’s will be what goes back on.

Toyo AT III's. I've had two sets of them and they're fantastic. Previously I've had the KO2's, Nitto Ridge Grapplers and the stock Dunlops on my 4Runner.

I haven't seen anything back from the OP. Lots of good recommendations on what we have and works for us.

What are the conditions it will be used in for OP? Is he using his truck like @HoosierJeeper? Is he like my FIL where he misses my driveway backing up and runs over the grass and curb?

The Falken AT Trail fit for him because it's pretty quiet, 3PMSF rated and has that "off road tough" look that he has to have :LOL: . My Accord and my sons Forte did more dirt and offroad this past weekend. My wife's Pilot sees beach, gravel/muddy paths to hunting cabin, skid plate has nice gouges in it. She has Michelin Defender LTX M/S because 99% of its use is daily driver to work, road trips, light towing. They have never let me down in my use scenarios where I thought I might have needed more aggressive tread. They are excellent on road.

If we were doing more muddy, slippery stuff, bigger rocks etc. I might try something else. Multiple sets of these (or previous model) have aged out for me rather than wear out. They also don't get used in winter as we run full winter tires on the cars (except FIL) for our safety.

I haven't seen anything back from the OP. Lots of good recommendations on what we have and works for us.

What are the conditions it will be used in for OP? Is he using his truck like @HoosierJeeper? Is he like my FIL where he misses my driveway backing up and runs over the grass and curb?

The Falken AT Trail fit for him because it's pretty quiet, 3PMSF rated and has that "off road tough" look that he has to have :LOL: . My Accord and my sons Forte did more dirt and offroad this past weekend. My wife's Pilot sees beach, gravel/muddy paths to hunting cabin, skid plate has nice gouges in it. She has Michelin Defender LTX M/S because 99% of its use is daily driver to work, road trips, light towing. They have never let me down in my use scenarios where I thought I might have needed more aggressive tread. They are excellent on road.

If we were doing more muddy, slippery stuff, bigger rocks etc. I might try something else. Multiple sets of these (or previous model) have aged out for me rather than wear out. They also don't get used in winter as we run full winter tires on the cars (except FIL) for our safety.
Agreed but he asked for the quietest . Some peolle responded to op with duratracs and scorpions which are loud asf after like 5k miles from new.

Yoko go15’s Conti terrain contact
And i forgot At3 Xlt from cooper

Falkens are loud compared to thise
Bfg loud after 20k

I have had the Yokohama G015 which is regarded as a quiet, mild AT. The continental AT is the same noise level (near silent) with better grip, especially in the rain. It probably won’t last as long as the yoko; softer rubber.

my son as falken wildpeaks. They are 3x as loud. goodyear duratracks, when worn are 2x louder than the falkens.

the better they get at all terrain duties, the louder they get and the more wet traction suffers, which can be countered some by choosing a softer rubber compound, but that shortens tread life.

I put treadlife at the end of the list, favoring dry/wet capability and performance.

Im looking for some good all terrain tires that arent noisy, for my F150. Ive been running some Yokohamas and while not that noisy, I cant get more than 35-40k miles out of them even with rotating every 5k. Front end is good, they wear evenly just dont get good mileage out of them. Im looking for some that are quiet and long life. Let me know your favorite brand. My size is 265/70/R17. Cant stand a loud tire on the road. Thanks

I ran those on a 98 F-150 2wd it is an all season highway m&s rated.

I have had the Yokohama G015 which is regarded as a quiet, mild AT. The continental AT is the same noise level (near silent) with better grip, especially in the rain. It probably won’t last as long as the yoko; softer rubber.

my son as falken wildpeaks. They are 3x as loud. goodyear duratracks, when worn are 2x louder than the falkens.

the better they get at all terrain duties, the louder they get and the more wet traction suffers, which can be countered some by choosing a softer rubber compound, but that shortens tread life.

I put treadlife at the end of the list, favoring dry/wet capability and performance.
What size?

I’ve used my truck with both 20” oem wheels and 18” oem wheels. I stayed with the 18s. I’m using 275/65-18, oem size, keeping the air between 35-38 generally.

Im looking for some good all terrain tires that arent noisy, for my F150. Ive been running some Yokohamas and while not that noisy, I cant get more than 35-40k miles out of them even with rotating every 5k. Front end is good, they wear evenly just dont get good mileage out of them. Im looking for some that are quiet and long life. Let me know your favorite brand. My size is 265/70/R17. Cant stand a loud tire on the road. Thanks
The AT tire from which all others are judged is the BF Goodrich All Terrain, with good reason. I have run this tire on several types of vehicle over the years, and love them.

Recently, on my heavy duty trcuk and my daughters tahoe, I intalled Michelin LTX AT2. As they have impressed me aswell. They were the factory size on my 3500, and have been great. I drive more on road with that, and want more longevity.

these two are on the high end of the range, but both are excellent. If the world ended tommorrow, tires would not be a worry.

The AT tire from which all others are judged is the BF Goodrich All Terrain, with good reason. I have run this tire on several types of vehicle over the years, and love them.

Recently, on my heavy duty trcuk and my daughters tahoe, I intalled Michelin LTX AT2. As they have impressed me aswell. They were the factory size on my 3500, and have been great. I drive more on road with that, and want more longevity.

these two are on the high end of the range, but both are excellent. If the world ended tommorrow, tires would not be a worry.
I am currently replacing the stock BFg’s on my 150raptor. After having so many sets, if you dont rotate 3k-5k miles - choppy. Anything after 35k high pitched whine on highway. Good in dirt tho and never had a flat yet… thats why im replacing with Yokohama g015.

Back