Quiet all terrains

Im looking for some good all terrain tires that arent noisy, for my F150. Ive been running some Yokohamas and while not that noisy, I cant get more than 35-40k miles out of them even with rotating every 5k. Front end is good, they wear evenly just dont get good mileage out of them. Im looking for some that are quiet and long life. Let me know your favorite brand. My size is 265/70/R17. Cant stand a loud tire on the road. Thanks

I am an F150 owner. I have done some research into this. This one is quiet-

SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS. You would have to check sizing.​

Welcome to Bitog. My son has these Good Year Wrangler Duratracs. I really didn't think they were overly loud on his Silverado but it’s kind of subjective. He had them for several years driving year round. They have the Three Peak Mountain Snowflate symbol.

25A8CF1E-DE1F-48CA-8861-8C3CC81C65BE.png

Have you tried the BFG A/T's? I've never had any myself but know folks that do and they are quiet and long lasting. I have some very similar looking General AT2's on a truck and they seem to be quiet and ride well also.

Toyo Open Country AT3s. silent on road and are light weight so they don't impact MPG and power much. Great in the snow and off road, done a bunch of rock crawling and wheeling and never an issue. The Nokain Outpost is good too - a little bit more mild. But I like the Toyos...gives up nothing to a normal street tire and does great off road. I have them on both of my Jeeps now.
IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_5780.jpeg
IMG_4497.jpeg

I have Goodyear Wrangler Kevlars on my truck
GY calls em a AT but they aren't very aggressive and they are quiet.
they also are not cheap..

Yep, have these on my 4Runner...they are quiet, but not as aggressive as some other 'all terrains'. For mostly on road use with the occasional dirt trail...they are just fine. Pretty decent in light snow, but I have full time 4wd.

Reactions: CKN
I've been happy with the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Adventure with Kevlar on my 2016 F150. one half of them on my truck sits at 90,000 miles on them with usable tread (The other half were replaced due to an unrepairable flat).

Two comments on that: The LT versions of this tire are Three Peak Mountain (Snow) certified. The P series are not. I run snow tires on mine in the winter for the softer rubber, so I won't comment much on snow and ice capability. The tires I am running are LT tires.

Nexen Roadian A/T Pro RA8

We're working on the second set on the Wife' Armada 4x4, got 75K out of the first set. They are quiet the entire life of the tire, not like some that are initially quiet but get louder as the tread wears down.

They got very noisy on my FIL Renegade Trailhawk. It didn't see off road but a lot of around town. They wore quickly and unevenly, didn't even get 35k out of them, they were down to 3-4/32". Tire Rack was great for the Pro-Rate and we replaced them with Falken WildPeak AT Trail. Quieter and seem to be wearing better.

Extremely quiet and no wear on them at all in the past 4 months while it sits at Jeep Dealer waiting for a new motor under warranty. 6.75 years and 82.7k miles. Good thing he bought Mopar MaxCare but that's a whole different story.

Really depends how aggressive you offroad in what conditions. Everything is a tradeoff.

If you value quietness and longevity over other benefits, all terrains are simply not the right type of tire for you.

People are just going to recommend their own favorite ATs here. Most of people’s impressions are with new tires, and most modern ATs are fairly quiet when new.

If you must have ATs, then look towards milder offerings such as the BFG Trail Terrain, Nokian Outpost APT, General Grabber APT, Nitto Nomad Grappler, Vredestein Pinza AT, and the like.

None of these will last as long as an HT tire though, which is really what you should be looking into IMO.

They got very noisy on my FIL Renegade Trailhawk. It didn't see off road but a lot of around town. They wore quickly and unevenly, didn't even get 35k out of them, they were down to 3-4/32". Tire Rack was great for the Pro-Rate and we replaced them with Falken WildPeak AT Trail. Quieter and seem to be wearing better.

Extremely quiet and no wear on them at all in the past 4 months while it sits at Jeep Dealer waiting for a new motor under warranty. 6.75 years and 82.7k miles. Good thing he bought Mopar MaxCare but that's a whole different story.

Really depends how aggressive you offroad in what conditions. Everything is a tradeoff.
It would seem that a Renegade is one of the worst vehicles to try to compare tire noise. Those things are noisy anyway. Definitely a less than stellar vehicle-as you indicated. Uneven tire wear is not indicative of a bad tire-BTW.

Welcome to Bitog. My son has these Good Year Wrangler Duratracs. I really didn't think they were overly loud on his Silverado but it’s kind of subjective. He had them for several years driving year round. They have the Three Peak Mountain Snowflate symbol.

View attachment 184967

Amazing traction offroad, and in the snow...just "ok" in the wet, and NOISY!!! Wow...less than half worn, and getting really, really good at turning rotational energy into sound energy.

Amazing traction offroad, and in the snow...just "ok" in the wet, and NOISY!!! Wow...less than half worn, and getting really, really good at turning rotational energy into sound energy.

The Officers that patrol the Canyons around here, use the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. I guess the department tries to always buy USA made products. In talking to the Officers, they echo your comments.

Maybe they were relatively quiet for a couple hundred miles. But after only a short while, they sound just shy of a Super Swamper coming down the road. ROOOOHROOOOHROOOOHROOOOHROOOOHROOOOOOH...

My dad has some duratracs on a second set of rims for his truck, he got them used. They're super feathered and really loud, but they do good offroad. It doesn't snow or rain here

Have you tried the BFG A/T's? I've never had any myself but know folks that do and they are quiet and long lasting. I have some very similar looking General AT2's on a truck and they seem to be quiet and ride well also.
We have the latest model - Trail Terrain TA - on a 4Runner. We put the tacky AF raised white letters inside.

They are quiet-ish and get good mpg. Certainly not the most aggressive AT tire. They also did well on a winter traction test, although we don’t use them in winter. 60K warranty.

IMG_1097-L.jpg

Last edited:
I also have the BFG Trail Terrains and I really like them. They’re as quiet as the OEM Goodyears we’re on my Silverado. Before these I had the Falken Wildpeak AT3. They were also quiet, but they wore very fast on my truck. The BFGs are much more comfortable.

Back