Question about BG products, specifically tokens

I thought I’d try a can of BG EPR at this oil change. I’ve read about the tokens inside cans. I glanced in the can to get an idea of the color and consistency of the fluid but do not recall seeing anything. Looking back, not having a token in my possession just has me a little concerned. My questions are does every can have a token and how big are they? I’ve used BG 44 fuel additive a couple times before and don’t recall ever seeing anything in those cans.

They are used for rewards or cash for mechanics from a BG rep. Only concern is it slipped past me and made it into the engine. The funnel I used has a 1” ID spout so hopefully they are wider than that. I had a can of MOA sitting there that I have not added yet. I opened it and there is none inside it so that’s reassuring.

They are used for rewards or cash for mechanics from a BG rep. Only concern is it slipped past me and made it into the engine. The funnel I used has a 1” ID spout so hopefully they are wider than that. I had a can of MOA sitting there that I have not added yet. I opened it and there is none inside it so that’s reassuring.
That would be a pretty egregious design error on BG's part if the opening in the can let the tokens slip into the engine.

No need to worry the tokens are about the size of the bottom of the can you have to cut the can to get it out.
Great. Thanks for the information!

I agree it would be a terrible idea if they included something small enough to make its way into the engine. I assume it wouldn’t be the case, but wanted to ask to be for sure.

I totally forgot about those tokens. I worked at a BMW dealer in high school and we sold BG44K as part of some routine service. Haven’t seen one of those in years.

Someone's gotta have a picture of one of these tokens.

Are they stamped metal? Does B&G still have this program? Do the tokens look cool?

What has been their approximate value relevant to the "salesmen redemption catalog"?

Someone's gotta have a picture of one of these tokens.

Are they stamped metal? Does B&G still have this program? Do the tokens look cool?

What has been their approximate value relevant to the "salesmen redemption catalog"?
They are plastic and come in different colors according to value I think they say BG, and thehave the center cut out in the shape of a square. If I remember correctly they where yellow, orange, silver, and gold each color had a certain value which you could turn in for "prizes". Similar to what Marlboro hade with their miles promotion in the 90's.

Token from BG EPR. I did a flush on my daughters CRV yesterday. I can send it to OP if it makes him feel better.

Attachments

• token1.jpg
    token1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 138
  • token2.jpg
    token2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 135
  • token3.jpg
    token3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 141
Back