Quaker State vs. SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run one of each, chop them open and see which has the most media. Also check which end the bypass is on and other details. We are seeing a number of positive reports on the Ecore, and it has the thread end bypass.

I've had excellent results with every Supertech (incl the encore) that I've used and cut open every one. All worked well and media was in excellent cond.

No Leaks or blown out media...

I've even posted photos of those filters. I even cut open a new Ecore filter after people posted problems with theirs and it was perfect. (and posted the photos here!)

I'd go with a Supertech (and do!
grin.gif
) and be happy!

Others would rather spend the $$ and get others.

Great! to each their own... I don't want to spend another 50% to twice as much for the next step "up" (so they say...
rolleyes.gif
) for the next filter.

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

so the Quakerstate Filters are now made by Purolator?

where are you finding the QS ones for 2 bucks...are they at Menards?

Regular price at Menard's, the QS filters range from $1.96 to something like $2.49.

On-sale, I've seen the entire rack for sale at $1.75 each.

I choose ST. They are an excellent value and I've never had an issue (and yes, I've cut them open too). I always grab a few when I'm at Wally World. The entire fleet has one thread and gasket size.

OTOH, if you can get better for less ..then do it.
grin.gif

Supertech is the only one I've used, had no problem using it on a motorcycle's ARX clean phase. WIll be using some AA filters I got for $1.24. Might watch for sales there too.

I thought I would add that if I had to chose I would probably go with the QS because of it's proven construction.
wink.gif

Both! I use Quaker State on my wife's car (Cavalier) and SuperTech on my car (Integra). I'm also planning on using SuperTech on our new Honda Pilot. I'd use Quaker State (as it's cheaper), but the Menards near me doesn't carry that filter #.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back