Purolator PSL24651

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSL is a Purolator Synthetic. They are fine filters but discontinued. They are wire backed media so AFAIK none have torn. I'd use a cheap or free one...

They seem to be okay, but the media appears thinner from what i have seen and since purolator plays games with their efficiency numbers there is no way to compare them to the top filters apples to apples since we have no ISO 4548 data.

The PSL Purolators were a good filter. I can't attest to the rebranded "Boss" filters, because I no longer use Purolator.

PureOnes were my go-to filter for a long time, until I began cutting them open at home. It took finding 2 out of 4 of mine torn on 5,000 mile OCIs to convince me that there was a legitimate problem with Purolator's design/quality/who cares. There are too many filters on the market to maintain that kind of brand loyalty with a faulty product. However, with that said, I now only use Fram Ultras, which for the money can not be beat.

Search these forums and you will be bombarded with anecdotal evidence that, I hate to admit, should not be easily dismissed.

The issue with PLS line is torn ADBV. IIRC the Boss line inherited the same issues.

Originally Posted By: pm125
Your thoughts on the quality of the Purolator PSL24651

Decent filter supposedly good to 10,000 miles. Wire backed synthetic media completely different from the Purolators with ripping media.

I would run it.

Originally Posted By: Matt6127

Decent filter supposedly good to 10,000 miles. Wire backed synthetic media completely different from the Purolators with ripping media.

I would run it.

Actually I am running one on my Buick. I will cut it open in another 8,000 miles...

I looked at them to replace PureOne when the tears were getting common - but too expensive compared to Fram Ultra ...

Discontinued.
If you can get them at clearance price, then use them. I would not pay more than $4 for one, in nearby stores. In their very short-lived heyday (more like heyhour), I saw them priced at $7.99

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back