Purolator classic filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted By: lexus114
That sound the motor makes when it`s oil starved, usually caused by bad anti drain back valves.

Ok,I know that sound.I had a local tire store do an oil change for me back in Feb. or March and they used a NAPA ProSelect oil filter.Upon start up it would clatter until the oil found the sweet spots.I immediatly had a friend put a Motorcraft filter on,(due to me being disabled!)

Thats the best thing to do. Sorry to hear about your situation though. If you lived by me, I`d change the oil for you.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
That sound the motor makes when it`s oil starved, usually caused by bad anti drain back valves.

Ok,I know that sound.I had a local tire store do an oil change for me back in Feb. or March and they used a NAPA ProSelect oil filter.Upon start up it would clatter until the oil found the sweet spots.I immediatly had a friend put a Motorcraft filter on,(due to me being disabled!)

You near Keesler Air Force base? I don't know yet but I get to go back to tech school there for a lot of training

I mentioned this before. Every other time I use a White can filter, I get that dreaded death rattle.

What vehicle and engine?

The only filter I have had a rattle with was a Pro Select.
Ive used Purolators(all 3), Bosch Premiums, Supertechs, Carquest Reds, K&N's, and Motorcrafts.

The Motorcraft FL400S at WalMart is a nice filter at a good price. I've been using them for about the last 10 years, never a problem. The price has consistently been just under $4 and they've always been marked "Made in USA". They shortened the can on them a bit a couple of years ago. That made it a little hard to get a grip on it on one of our vehicles, but not a big problem. All in all, I like that filter.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
The Motorcraft FL400S at WalMart is a nice filter at a good price. I've been using them for about the last 10 years, never a problem. The price has consistently been just under $4 and they've always been marked "Made in USA". They shortened the can on them a bit a couple of years ago. That made it a little hard to get a grip on it on one of our vehicles, but not a big problem. All in all, I like that filter.

Purolators are also made in USA

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
I mentioned this before. Every other time I use a White can filter, I get that dreaded death rattle.

What vehicle and engine?

Th RX in my sig. 3.3L

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Ive gone up to 6k on em.

Kind of OT, but I've gone 20K miles on an oversized PC filter but with 3 OCI's on my Honda. 80% highway miles.

Any person care to cut the next filter open for me ?

My Prius has been making that noise ever since I started putting Puro Classics on it. It never did it with the QS filters which is weird.

Does this mean I'm getting tons of wear on my engine? Eeek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back