2023 Jeep Grand Wagoneer factory filter CUT OPEN

Thank you for capturing and showcasing this filter.

Is this embarrassing to have an ecore filter on a 80-100k SUV from the factory? Or is it a non-issue? I'm not high class enough to know.
The cores are a nylon plastic that is stronger than the metal cores. In the early days of ecores there were problems with the plastic cores of that time and also with media failures do to being pulled through the plastic cages.
They have long since addressed the problems.
I use them almost exclusively on my spin on applications and they are always perfect when I chop them open to see

Last edited:
Steel cores with punched holes is the “comfort” zone, louvers are sketchy because we’ve seen several with barely open louvers here which could cause flow issues, and E-cores were a subject of doubt when they first appeared because of the “plastic” aspect… but honestly there have probably been way more ugly steel tube filters over the past 2 years than all of the e-cores combined. Seems they’ve gotten it dialed in.

Filter slayer @53' Stude what say you on the e-cores you’ve seen? Better or worse on average than “normal” filters?
I personally like the old ECORE and current E CORE made by First Brands. Haven’t saw issues with either one.

If they are hanging straight down the ADBVs are probably not even neccessary??
No matter what orientation an oil filter is in, the ADBV keeps any oil in the galleries above the filter from draining down due to gravity.

Back