PureOne vs. Mobil1 filter - which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Malo83
Go with the cheaper, the more expensive is not gonna do anything any better
33.gif

I'm running a $7 Wix right now. Plenty good for me.

No problem. Only the posts addressed to you are for you. Cheers.
Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: FZ1
The ball's in your court,Hoss,to respond re the info in the btanchors post. Can you?

1. I already did respond and you have read it.

2. Where's the link to the second part. I would be interested in reading it anyway, but as I said, it will not come up on the search. Only the first post where he said he was going to try a PureOne next, and report back.
For the third time, do you have a link so we can all read it?

3. The only reason I took an argumentative tone with you in the first place, is because you took one first in this thread and seemed to refuse to listen to anyone else's input.
I didn't mean it to be an insult.
Originally Posted By: FZ1
You know,I did miss that class on critical thinking.........but,then,.....I ain't the one stringin' up oil filters and running dirty water thru them........Am I?

Investigating my filter choices by filtering dirty oil (not water) through them would be...what...appropriate?
What's the point here?

Originally Posted By: daman
Back when my AAP had them for $9 that was "ok" but now there way over priced.
You have a point. When one can now get 3 P1's for $10 at AAP with online code and in store pick up, price is a factor. That could be up to 3 10k/1yr OCI's or less if one chooses/is more comfortable, excellent filtration, and you've still got money left over. Even at the regular P1 price it's 2 OCI's for the cost of M1.

Mobil 1 filter cost about twice as much as a P1, last time i was at Pep Boys, they were $11. Dont miss out this week's Auto Zone sale, Mobil 1 and M1 filter for 29.99 i think.

Why don't you ask which bottle of water is wetter?
confused.gif
These are both great filters! For me I'f I get a deal on M1 I use them, if I get a deal on P1 I use them. I have been getting the P1's for $3 from AAP with coupon so those are the ones I have been using lately - I like saving the $10!
smile.gif

I don't like the P1 in my car because of the thin can. It's the only brand that I have ever used, several times, that twists when I unscrew it. On my car the oil filter is low almost even with the oil pan. I don't like the idea of rocks or whatever hitting the thin canned P1 and losing my oil.

It may be good to actually measure the can yourself. It is more or less the same.

I got two M1 filters with the autozone deal. In my case I go for it to get the 0w-40 at a better price, don't really want the filters, but will use them.

What I see is that the filter is pretty nice, but should be like a RP for the 12.99 charge. The claims on box are conservative, 2x Fram Extra Guard holding capacity is what I think they are getting at. I think the P1 is just as good, maybe better, in all ways for much less. It really is hard to beat Purolator these days, in a USA made filter.

On an M1-103, I looked inside, and saw the slits on the center tube. They weren't closed, but not wide open either. So I got two other kinds I could use. Those had the standard round holes center tube and base end bypass. The 103 had the dome bypass with blue button. That looks just like the ST for the same application. The 103 looks an awful lot like the $3 ST I am afraid, aside from the media and adbv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back