PureOne vs. Mobil1 filter - which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PureOne vs. Mobil1 filter - which is better?

I'd say M1 is better. Now that said, I don't think it's $6 better and neither filter will bring you a dime of value if you're not using them long enough.

I like the build quality of the Mobil 1 filters. Cut open a pureone before, and a Champ Labs/Mobil 1 filter (Factory filter) from my focus, and was much more impressed with the Champ labs. Hence why I've been going with Mobil 1 filters the past two OCI (and I promise this one WILL be 7500 miles)

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: FZ1
The btanchors Uoa included ISO particle counts for the filters tested. The P1 allowed more,and bigger, particles thru,than did the M1 or the Amsoil filters. Interestingly,the engine wear metals were about the same,no matter which filter was tested. So,boys. Who am I gonna believe;You,or my lyin' eyes?

So case closed because of one UOA? have any more you could post up to show a pattern?
So did you look at the last btanchors test results? (Did you read the Bill?)

How long do you think you can run a P1, 10-12K over one or two OCIs?

So did you look at the last btanchors test results? (Did you read the Bill?)

I read the first one. Can't find the second one.
Don't think I'd lay all the particles on the oil filter anyway, since most come from the air.
Fact is, it's a one shot deal here with variables. The PureOne media is higher rated in multipass efficiency.
Did you ever look at it at 50X magnification next to others, or filter any dirt with it and look at the results?
Did you talk to Champ Labs about the Mobil 1 EP efficiency (since it is incomplete on the website).

The M1 is a very good filter, but I don't think the media is as finely "woven". You should look into it.

Between the two filters you probably would never notice the difference in engine life as lons as you own your car.

So,that's all you got after reviewing btanchors posts.? Nuthin'? Ah,well. Maybe you reached your Zenith with the cutting and measuring of oil filters.

So,that's all you got after reviewing btanchors posts.? Nuthin'? Ah,well. Maybe you reached your Zenith with the cutting and measuring of oil filters.

What have you got?
Not even a link? No weight of evidence for your argument?
You tell us it is a done deal after looking at (apparently) one PureOne vs Mobil 1 particle count UOA that you don't even bother to post a link to so we can all read it. You haven't collected any data, and haven't even looked at the filters media to try to decide anything yourself?

Maybe you should take a class on critical thinking.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Between the two filters you probably would never notice the difference in engine life as lons as you own your car.

That is very likely true.

Originally Posted By: river_rat

What have you got?
You tell us it is a done deal after looking at (apparently) one PureOne vs Mobil 1 particle count UOA that you don't even bother to post a link to so we can all read it. You haven't collected any data, and haven't even looked at the filters media to try to decide anything yourself?

Let it go Rob he's got all the answers but can't post one or two or how about three?????

Both are very good filters and I agree most people may not tell any difference between the two. I would also bet that you could buy the basic Purolator oil filter and also not tell the differnce after 100K miles...

The key is changing your oil every 5K miles... I do this with syn oils and my engines always look like new. I figure spending an extra $50 a year is not going to kill me if it helps my engine last longer.

The ball's in your court,Hoss,to respond re the info in the btanchors post. Can you?

Originally Posted By: river_rat

What have you got?

You know,I did miss that class on critical thinking.........but,then,.....I ain't the one stringin' up oil filters and running dirty water thru them........Am I?

The ball's in your court,Hoss,to respond re the info in the btanchors post. Can you?

1. I already did respond and you have read it.

2. Where's the link to the second part. I would be interested in reading it anyway, but as I said, it will not come up on the search. Only the first post where he said he was going to try a PureOne next, and report back.
For the third time, do you have a link so we can all read it?

3. The only reason I took an argumentative tone with you in the first place, is because you took one first in this thread and seemed to refuse to listen to anyone else's input.
I didn't mean it to be an insult.
You know,I did miss that class on critical thinking.........but,then,.....I ain't the one stringin' up oil filters and running dirty water thru them........Am I?

Investigating my filter choices by filtering dirty oil (not water) through them would be...what...appropriate?
What's the point here?

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
...I would also bet that you could buy the basic Purolator oil filter and also not tell the differnce after 100K miles...

I think you can run any sturdy oil filter in the mid 90's percent or better efficiency at 20 microns or so, keep a good air cleaner on the engine, change the oil when you are supposed to, use good oil and take reasonable care of the car, and drive 2 or three times that far without issues.
thumbsup2.gif

My view is that the M1 is superior and I think that most would agree. But it also costs a lot more and most would also agree that it isn't worth the extra cost unless you are doing a longer OCI. My brother called Mobil support and was told that it could go 10000-15000 miles just like their EP oil. The Mobil filter does hold more than twice the capacity of junk than the P1 and so I assume that this may help it go possibly twice as long or at the very least several thousand miles more than the P1. Obviously if you are doing 7500-5000 OCI or less the P1 is more than sufficient and a lot more cost effective and it may possibly filter better as well. Personally I would never run a P1 10000-15000 miles. What's good about the Mobil filters are the oil specials where often for under $30 you can get 5 quarts of synthetic oil and a Mobil EP filter.

That's a good deal. I wish they hadn't jacked them to 12-13 dollars recently, but I still have a few in my filter stash I bought for $10.

Go with the cheaper, the more expensive is not gonna do anything any better
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back