Premium Guard oil filters. A look inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Racefiend
Hi guys! New poster here. I've been reading your forums for a while and must say there is a ton of info here! So I though I'd return the favor and add a little myself.

I just opened up a repair shop, and am looking for a good quality (and economical) filter to use for our oil changes. Luckily this site has given me some good guide lines for criteria.

Anyways, I had one of the soliciting vendors drop off a sample of the filters he sells, so I ripped it apart to see what was inside. I couldn't find one of these disassembled on this site, so I figured I'd share what I found:

The filter is called Premium Guard, and is made in Korea. Cutting it open

Overall not too bad for a paper filter that costs $1.50, but the lack of a relief valve is a deal braker IMO.

Hope this helps anyone looking at one of these filters.

Any opinions from the pros?

Christian
\

I have been in the automotive repair business for 35 years, take my advice and the advice of others iATN.net and use high quality products for everything. There no use in using a unkown filter brand. I have used Wix and AC Delco for my peace of mind, your customers will thank you with years of dedacation to you and your business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back