Oil Filters

How many of you have used any of these filters, Microgard oil filters, Ecogard synthetic, Premium Guard, Pentius extended life.
If so what was your overall experience with them? Did you ever cut them open afterwards? I am just curious, because I have seen new ones cut open before, and they are a very clean filter, very evenly spaced, with good filtering efficiency..
Thank you.

Used Premium Guard, company truck is getting Service Pro XL (PG XL)-good so far! Pretty sure Microguard XL is the exact same filter.
The extended Microguard's should be the exact same as extended premium guards. The only info I'm aware of, straight from Premium Guard, was that Oreilly's is sourcing their standard Microguard filters from premium guard & another company I assume to be wix (M&H).

EDIT: I don't like assuming & I think the other company is actually Purolator not WIX. I think I seen a thread on that recently. 🤷‍♂️

They claim 99%@25 on the extended filters & 93%@25 on their standard filters.
That's what I was talking about the extended filters, I just can't get over, quality of them. I personally have never used one yet. But I do have a PG extended saved on Amazon and I will use it in the spring, when I'm due for my next oil change.

Unless the filter explodes or collapses, or is directly blamed for engine failure, the vast majority will never know how the oil filter performed. Dissecting the filter after use looking for filter media holes, glue failure, ADBV failure, bypass valve failure is all you can do, but as we see here the next filter could be perfect or another abysmal failure and brand doesn't matter as much as we'd like to think.

Unless the filter explodes or collapses, or is directly blamed for engine failure, the vast majority will never know how the oil filter performed. Dissecting the filter after use looking for filter media holes, glue failure, ADBV failure, bypass valve failure is all you can do, but as we see here the next filter could be perfect or another abysmal failure and brand doesn't matter as much as we'd like to think.
That's one thing that scares me with an Asian filter, "if" there is an issue your going through a middleman not the manufacturer..

That's one thing that scares me with an Asian filter, "if" there is an issue your going through a middleman not the manufacturer..
I wouldn't lose much sleep over where the filter is made, these things are pretty ancient technology and virtually any manufacturer that is going to invest in the capital equipment to produce them is probably going to test what they produce to verify fit to function. I would bet that Thailand has it's own version of BITOG for OCD car & truck fanatics.

I wouldn't lose much sleep over where the filter is made, these things are pretty ancient technology and virtually any manufacturer that is going to invest in the capital equipment to produce them is probably going to test what they produce to verify fit to function. I would bet that Thailand has it's own version of BITOG for OCD car & truck fanatics.
LOL 😆😆😆

Boon-nam is the oil guy...probably 😂

They claim 99%@25 on the extended filters & 93%@25 on their standard filters.
Is the Microgard Select the "extended" filter?

1701662986862.jpg

Have you ever heard anything about them being too restrictive??
Only a flow vs dP test would say what it is. Wouldn't worry about it because ... positive displacement oil pump, and trust that the designer used the proper bypass valve setting.

We don't have no O'Reilly's here in Delaware.. and I know that's you sells them.. but I have a couple of choices for the same filter basically.

Back