Post your latest oil change

Changed out GC in my Liberty after running it for 4000 miles. I had a really really tough time unscrewing the Fram Extended Guard filter I was using. I had to "screwdriver" it to get it to unscrew. Last time I'll be using an extended guard me thinks...

Used Castrol Edge 5W-30 and an Mobil 1 M1-209 filter this time.

2008 Ford F-150 5.4L
Petro-Canada SUPREME 5W-20 motor oil
Fram Oil Filter

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE
Petro-Canada SUPREME 5W-30 motor oil
Fram Oil Filter

Originally Posted By: RageOfFury
Changed out GC in my Liberty after running it for 4000 miles. I had a really really tough time unscrewing the Fram Extended Guard filter I was using. I had to "screwdriver" it to get it to unscrew. Last time I'll be using an extended guard me thinks...

I had the same problem getting an extended guard off my car for my last oil change. I tried so hard to get it to turn that I literally tore some of the skin off of my finger, gave myself a blister and a bad bruise that swelled up on the palm of my hand. I know I put oil on the gasket too, really weird. I didn't think my oil filter wrench would work... come to find out, it did fit the smaller filter.
33.gif

I'm now running Pennzoil Ultra in the Corvette! I couldn't wait for it to come up to Canada and a friend of mine was in the US so I had him pick me up 2 jugs of it (should've gotten more, as I need 7.5 quarts to change the oil in my car)

I'll run it until the oil life monitor hits zero (which is always around 7000 miles) so I should have my first UOA by around October or November.

Originally Posted By: Patman
I'm now running Pennzoil Ultra in the Corvette! I couldn't wait for it to come up to Canada and a friend of mine was in the US so I had him pick me up 2 jugs of it (should've gotten more, as I need 7.5 quarts to change the oil in my car)

I'll run it until the oil life monitor hits zero (which is always around 7000 miles) so I should have my first UOA by around October or November.

Notice anything with it?

Originally Posted By: beast3300

Notice anything with it?

I only drove it about 15 miles since I changed the oil and I honestly don't notice a difference from Platinum at all. The engine is just as smooth as before, still has the slight valvetrain tick that all LS1 engines have and throttle response is the same.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

I had the same problem getting an extended guard off my car for my last oil change. I tried so hard to get it to turn that I literally tore some of the skin off of my finger, gave myself a blister and a bad bruise that swelled up on the palm of my hand. I know I put oil on the gasket too, really weird. I didn't think my oil filter wrench would work... come to find out, it did fit the smaller filter.
33.gif

I put a good coat of oil on the gasket as well. I was sooo [censored] I took a screwdriver to it. It's going to be M1 filters from now on. How did you get yours off? And yeah both of my hands hurt today. I forced sooo much.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I always use a huge pair of channel locks to get my oils filter off.
That means you are putting your filters on too tight. You should be able to remove the filter by hand if you installed it right. lol

Originally Posted By: beast3300

Notice anything with it?
The one and only time I ran Platinum I noticed the oil got "black" really fast and seemed much thinner than when it went in. I drained it and haven't used it since.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

33.gif

You are putting your filters on too tight. Hand tight is all they need....."torquing" them down is not necessary.

Originally Posted By: meangreen01
06 Mazda6s 3.0 duratec

PP 5-20
fl-820s

Originally Posted By: EdS
2004 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Unlimited

Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 (6qts)
WIX Filter

Wal-Mart dropped the price of the 5qt. jug to $20.30 from $23.00

I think WM dropped the price the day after I bought! Doh!!! Think they'll refund my $2.50??
If you have the receipt and more than 7 days hasn't elapsed since your purchase, they will adjust it.

PP 5 30
99 Lexus GS300 128K
Pure One filter
80%HWY
Gonna do a 6k OCI on this oil and filter.Is it too short or too long OCI?I think just about right

Originally Posted By: pavelow
The one and only time I ran Platinum I noticed the oil got "black" really fast and seemed much thinner than when it went in. I drained it and haven't used it since.

How do you know that an oil filter only needs to be screwed on hand tight but you're still ignorant to the fact that oil looking dirty is actually a good thing?

Originally Posted By: biodiesel
Originally Posted By: pavelow

How do you know that an oil filter only needs to be screwed on hand tight but you're still ignorant to the fact that oil looking dirty is actually a good thing?

35.gif

Back