Post your internal engine pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the sprockets? Sometimes when the chain stretches it wears the sprockets and makes the teeth skinnier and sloppy with a new chain.

Originally Posted By: CBR.worm
How are the sprockets? Sometimes when the chain stretches it wears the sprockets and makes the teeth skinnier and sloppy with a new chain.

The wear is in the primary chain, so I think the cam phaser gears will be ok. Everything else in the cam drive is being replaced. Here's what one of the primary idler gears looked like:

IMG-20111127-02268safed.jpg

Yeah, it's hard to tell, but I like what you did with your fingerprint.

That will be rewarding to get back together.

Last edited:
Under-valve-cover pic of the 2000 CRV I just bought with about 140k on it.
CRV003.jpg

I'm pleased with how clean it is, it looks like the PO was very faithful with oil changes. Unfortunately the valves were in bad need of adjustment!

Good question, I don't know. Still running the oil the PO had in it (recently changed). I think the camera exaggerated the red tint because I don't remember noting that when I was working on it.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Which oil is that one? It has a red tint? I don't know a motor oil with that tint.

Nah, you're just seeing the discoloration from the springs etc, the oil looks clear to me.

It is a 355. I changed it to a custom ground blower roller cam, Pro-Filer 195 heads and the magnuson MP122 supercharger.

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
It is a 355. I changed it to a custom ground blower roller cam, Pro-Filer 195 heads and the magnuson MP122 supercharger.

Very nice! What numbers are you looking to get?

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro

Very nice! What numbers are you looking to get?

Well the engine edelbrock sells with the same blower on it makes 507hp. That engine has lesser heads and cam and is running the stock pulley configuration. We have much better heads and cam and switched to the 3.2 pulley so we are thinking around 550hp at 5lbs of boost. The stock pulley makes 5 pounds of boost on the edelbrock engine but only made 3 pounds on our engine because of the better flowing heads and cam. This little supercharger is capable of up to 15 pounds of boost from what I understand but this engines bottom end wont handle that much boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back