Pics/vid of my better hallf shooting my .45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I picked up a new Remington 1911 R1 and put rounds through it that day. This afternoon, the better half and I went plinking in a neighboring gravel pit (with landowner permission) and I was able to snap a couple of pics and a short video of her in action. This is the first time she's handled a gun in a very long time. When she was in the military (1980's), she qualified on the M16, but no side arm and had since fired a couple different hand guns once or twice. All in all, I think she did quite well. She has to work on her stance a bit, as you'll see in the video, she was a bit wobbly.

This pic was after she had fired the first 7 rounds and changed clips. I wanted to make sure she was going to be safe and okay with the gun's recoil before I started in with the camera.

SDC10603990x1320.jpg

This pic was just after she completed the 2nd clip

SDC10605990x1320.jpg

Here she is trying out a different stance. She doesn't like it as much as the Weaver stance.

SDC10608990x1320.jpg

Finally a video. Here she was having some trouble getting her stance right and was fluctuating between over anticipating the shot and rocking back a bit.

That is a nice gun, she is just unsure of her stance and and maybe anticipating recoil a bit too much. Those are things she will easily work out as she gets used to the gun.

I am indeed very proud of her! I get just much enjoyment watching her shoot, as shooting myself...

You're also right about her being fit. Her resting heart rate is about 45 beats/min and for a woman, she is exceptionally strong. She lifts weights, rides a bicycle (both on a trainer in the winter and on trail/road in summer several miles a week and does various cardio workouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back