Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

I have yet to recieve anything from SOPUS. I was told to expect product this week when I inquired last week. Not good!

Anyone done an analysis yet? Any more reviews? Is this good stuff, bad stuff, or no better than what is out there already from other manufacturers?

I tend to think any delays are curtosey of the shipper. I'm at like a month and a half since first writing Deb, and two weeks since getting a confirm from her. If it doesn't arrive this week, I'm giving up. Without any tracking numbers or anything, what's the point? I'll likely go with some Rotella 5w-40. Not much difference in reality, but it would be nice to use a VW speced oil.

I think Debbie is the one who ordered the shipping of all the cases of Ultra 5W40 to BITOG'ers and Pennzoil pays the bills. Even if it was shipped from a marketing company in Kansas.

Can you check the shipping label to see if the shipping company is Fedex and the method is second day air ?

Originally Posted By: cycloxer
Anyone done an analysis yet? Any more reviews? Is this good stuff, bad stuff, or no better than what is out there already from other manufacturers?

There is one on the mazdaspeed forums I believe. Or at least I know he at least sent it of to [censored], so if it's not back yet, it will be soon. I'll see if he'll post it over here.

Great. I'm sure it is a great oil. I just want to see how great it is and what it could potentially do for our engines above and beyond what is already available on the market.

I'm definitely a Pennzoil customer/fan now.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Where is the case of oil shipped from ? Kansas ?
Which shipper ? Fedex ?
Which method ? Second day air ?

Wichita,Kansas
fedex 2 day

Why did Debbie/Pennzoil ship a heavy item like a case of 6 quarts oil by Fedex 2 days air ? It is very expensive shipping method for the oil, they should choose ground method.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Why Fedex 2 days air?

It's a promo. They are trying to hype-up their new oil. Sure you give away a few cases, but you potentially win customers for life. Small price to pay. They want this stuff out there now, asap. I'm not quite sure why no quantity in the distribution pipe, but it's coming.

If I don't see it this week I'm giving up on SOPUS. I didn't expect them to give me free product, but once they committed to it I expect them to follow through. As far as communication goes, Debbie has been great.

Originally Posted By: Gilitar
If I don't see it this week I'm giving up on SOPUS. I didn't expect them to give me free product, but once they committed to it I expect them to follow through. As far as communication goes, Debbie has been great.

I've had pretty much the opposite approach. I sent two emails asking about availability (and included my shipping address
56.gif
just for good measure). I'm less disappointed about not receiving freebies than about the fact that I got no response at all. Makes me think they don't really give a squat about potential customers at all.

This is where I am:

Debbie, hi again. I wanted to inquire if I was still in the cue to receive a sample of Ultra 5w-40. I first wrote in mid-July and last heard from you in mid-August, not really a long time but I see other guys have received shipments in the meanwhile. Delivery service is typically very spotty at my location, so that's another area for my concern. Sorry to nag about it, but I'm still looking to do a service on the VW. If you forwarded my info to the shipper already, thanks. I dunno how closely you work with them in terms of verifying individual shipments, but without any tracking numbers and considering the reliability of delivery here, I'm at a loss unless things are reverified. Thanks again, Clark

You guys are whiners. Oh boo hoo if I don't get my free oil. You can always buy it on-line.

If I were running the promo, anyone who pestered or whined, I would purposely drop their name from the list. No soup for you.

You guys are whiners. Oh boo hoo if I don't get my free oil. You can always buy it on-line.

If I were running the promo, anyone who pestered or whined, I would purposely drop their name from the list. No soup for you.

I bet you got your free oil didn't you. I'm going to simply ignore your rude comment considering the fact that you're from Boston.

This is ridiculous when will this oil be released to the public?!! Sending email requests via backchannels to get a product your supposedly selling is a stupid business plan SOPUS!

So, you didn't read-for-content, did you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back