Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: G35_TX
Looking for a place that sells PU in San Antonio, Texas? Anyone know of any? I can't freakin find any.
frown.gif

The PU 5w-40 specifically? You won't find it at any retail outlets that I'm aware of. Go on Pennzoil's website and find your nearest distributors. Chances are they'll have it, but after you factor in tax and the fuel cost of driving out, it may not be any cheaper than ordering from Pennzoil online directly.

After waiting 3 weeks my PU 5w40 Euro arrived!!!

And it's sitting in my garage like a trophy! Almost like that fine bottle of wine just waiting to be enjoyed!!
laugh.gif

I will be putting this into 1 of 2 oil shredding engines on my next oil change...either my 2.0 FSI in a GTI or my 3.0 TFSI in my S4.

I ordered from the Pennzoil website. It was 3 weeks from order to delivery.

I will post my UOA when I get the results in a few months.

I think you will love this oil. I just did a change this morning on the '10 GTI. Ijust bought the car at 16k and although the dealer had just done a change with a good Wix filter, I had no idea what oil he actually used. I was so happy to get a fresh oem filter and 5 quarts of Ultra in there, let me tell you!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: G35_TX
Looking for a place that sells PU in San Antonio, Texas? Anyone know of any? I can't freakin find any.
frown.gif

The PU 5w-40 specifically? You won't find it at any retail outlets that I'm aware of. Go on Pennzoil's website and find your nearest distributors. Chances are they'll have it, but after you factor in tax and the fuel cost of driving out, it may not be any cheaper than ordering from Pennzoil online directly.

There have got to be some local oil distributors that aren't too far away. Heck, there are at least 2 in Billings that carry it (I work for one). It's sad that so many things are hard to find... We have tons of oils that I can't even find on the shelves locally. Cases of Platinum 0w-20 (even drums!), Platinum 5w-50, Castrol SLX, Motorcraft 5w-50, all kinds of stuff.

Amazon.com has it!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pennzoil+ultra+5w40&x=0&y=0&sprefix=pennzoil+ultra+5w40

VOA is here.

With a KV100 of 14.53cSt and 173 VI vs PU's SM spec's of KV100 13.1cSt and 180 VI, it appears not to be the latest formulation but the old PP Euro SL 5W-40.

Would you guys consider PU 5w-40 at $4.67/qt a good buy?

I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on this PU or look for something else for my upcoming oil change in the 530i.

Would you guys consider PU 5w-40 at $4.67/qt a good buy?

I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on this PU or look for something else for my upcoming oil change in the 530i.

Is this online or a sale available locally? Do you have a link?

It's on Amazon. $53 for 6 quarts minus the $25 Pennzoil mail-in rebate which you get for registering for their engine warranty. Free shipping.

Got it, thanks for the heads up. I signed up for the rebate, the language on the rebate seems like it will work. However, it does say that you have to provide a cash register receipt identifying the retailer and the type of oil purchased. I'm not sure if they would consider an invoice from Amazon as a "cash register receipt" but it might be worth trying.

I'll throw a stink if Pennzoil rejects my Amazon receipt. And if they still refuse to honor it, I'll complain to Amazon. Amazon is usually pretty good at picking up the ball that others dropped.
smile.gif

I actually found a bottle of PU 5W-40 in a rural gas station/garage of all places and it was only $7.00! I'll be giving them a call to see if they can order me in 5 bottles.

Although I am pleased with the sound and feel of my first & current run of GC in the VW

amazon has free shipping on the PU

This meets LL01 eh?
wonder if I should try this a bit instead of GC 0w-30 for my next oc? annoying that I'd have to buy 2 cases to get 7 qts...

I have a case of PU 5w40 in South Jersey that I can't find any takers to trade for a case of Ultra 5w 20. It must be the old axiom; location, location, location..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back