Pcked up two different sets of wiper blades today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive managed to go two seasons on the beam type blades on my cars, which isn't bad, but my weather is milder than most areas. The very short wipers (used on rear hatch and wagon type wipers) almost always have to be conventional type wiper blades. I think wiper inserts in general will be less common because it takes far more time to replace inserts. Overall, beam blades will result in more profit to the blade mfgs. Btw, check Michelin blade packaging; Michelin just puts their name and packaging on them, they don't make them.

Originally Posted By: notech47
Ive managed to go two seasons on the beam type blades on my cars, which isn't bad, but my weather is milder than most areas. The very short wipers (used on rear hatch and wagon type wipers) almost always have to be conventional type wiper blades. I think wiper inserts in general will be less common because it takes far more time to replace inserts. Overall, beam blades will result in more profit to the blade mfgs. Btw, check Michelin blade packaging; Michelin just puts their name and packaging on them, they don't make them.

Yes, I agree that the Beam Blades will be a high profit for th mfg's but, they're often on sale and typicaly we the shopper can use the mfg rebate an in store coupons such as at PepBoys. My Beam wiper blades cost me ~$11 each for the Rain-X Latitude/Repel. Now(if you can find your size) BigLots has them for $10/each in 16"-21" & 24"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back