Yeti wiper springs are awesome! Try them before buying new wiper arms

Here is a link to the Yeti X-Wipe springs, and you can order them on Amazon. They are shipped from Canada, and it took a week to arrive.

Like most older cars, eventually the wiper arm springs get weak and don't push down as well as they used to. This is also why you can't use beam style wipers on older cars. The problem is most apparent at the far right bottom corner of the windshield. In my case, the wipers worked when going up but left a gap when going down.

Passenger side wiper arms for my car are no longer made.

I installed new wiper blades at the time, since they were due for replacement anyway. The new wipers had the same problem with the far-right corner... until I installed the Yeti springs. Now, they wipe perfect :D

The Yeti springs will not work on rear wipers.

Interesting idea. Seems one could remove the OEM springs, cut them slightly shorter, then reattach. No? I'll check my cars. Perhaps the spring's heat treating hardens it, so it's not malleable enough to bend the freshly cut end into a new attachment loop.

Interesting idea. Seems one could remove the OEM springs, cut them slightly shorter, then reattach. No? I'll check my cars. Perhaps the spring's heat treating hardens it, so it's not malleable enough to bend the freshly cut end into a new attachment loop.

I tried using generic replacement springs from China, but they didn't fit :poop:

I could use these for our Honda, the passenger side wiper often leaves an un-wiped swath. Only question I have is: Will the wiper arms stay upright (perpendicular to the windshield) when lifted to scrape ice and snow?

I could use these for our Honda, the passenger side wiper often leaves an un-wiped swath. Only question I have is: Will the wiper arms stay upright (perpendicular to the windshield) when lifted to scrape ice and snow?

The wiper arms should stay up, but even if they don't, the springs are easy to remove and reinstall as necessary. If you buy a set, test them out before it snows.

Just wanted to say thank you for telling us about these @slacktide_bitog

Ordered a pair after reading your post as my car was always missing a spot on the drivers side. This fixed the issue!
IMG-2417.jpg

Perfectly clean windshield now and safer driving.

IMG-2420.jpg

Back