"Our World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worldwide survey was conducted by the UN. The only question asked was:

"Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the food shortage in the rest of the world?"

The survey was a huge failure because,

In Africa they didn't know what 'food' meant,
In India they didn't know what 'honest' meant,
In Europe they didn't know what 'shortage' meant,
In China they didn't know what 'opinion' meant,
In the Middle East they didn't know what 'solution' meant,
In South America they didn't know what'please' meant,
And in the USA they didn't know what 'the rest of the world' meant!

lol.gif

A very timely post for me. I was reviewing a technical report from India, as I've done in the past. Honesty is the opposite of how I'd describe their reports. They just refuse to admit it when they screw up.

When I was doing contract engineering work at a local Delphi plant in 2007, we had weekly conference calls with a supplier in India. They made a major goof one time on a huge shipment of parts, and absolutely would not admit ANY fault. Delphi had to call in the legal dogs, and the supplier still wouldn't admit their mistake. During a conference call, when the head of engineering at the Delphi plant told the president of the Indian supplier that they were going to be sued if they didn't correct their multi-million dollar mistake, the Indian guy just said "OK". Amazing.

I worked with an Egyptian guy a few years ago who had a fairly new Buick LeSabre.
He knocked off the sideview mirror backing out of the garage and was going to go to the dealer to get a new mirror under warranty !!??
No fault on his part.... just a flimsy defective mirror.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I worked with an Egyptian guy a few years ago who had a fairly new Buick LeSabre.
He knocked off the sideview mirror backing out of the garage and was going to go to the dealer to get a new mirror under warranty !!??
No fault on his part.... just a flimsy defective mirror.
lol.gif

Indeed! So much for the "honesty" part from mid-east...
cheers3.gif

The USA historically has given more aid publicly and privately than any other nation.
And somehow even this is turned against us.

Why is it OK to make 'generalizations' about Indians but not about other groups. Isn't that called 'stereotyping' and even......shhhhhhh RACISM. (there I said it...the most overused word in the English language)

Originally Posted By: pbm
Why is it OK to make 'generalizations' about Indians but not about other groups. Isn't that called 'stereotyping' and even......shhhhhhh RACISM. (there I said it...the most overused word in the English language)

No, it's called a double standard. Shhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back