Opti-Lube; what plastic or other will hold it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I recently purchased Opti-lube summer blend from Opti-lube. I read that it is one of the best diesel additives for increasing lubricity.
The container arrived via ups stinking like solvent similar to other diesel fuel additive. The bottle leaks and the chemical seems to permeate the plastic material. My Diesel Kleene silver only smells when my nose is almost right on it, probably just the last threads.
My entire home garage wreaks from the opti-lube. Because of the odd size, it won't fit in a paint can, so I will have to put the whole bottle in a plastic three gallon bucket, after I buy one.
The Opti-lube container has two spouts, one is a pre-measure.
The spouts drip back on the outside.

I wish to measure out small one shots for my tanks to keep in the vehicle on long trips.

Three questions are:
What type of plastic can contain the additive safely?
What are the chemicals in the additive?
How can the additive be cleaned up after dripping or spilling?
Mitchellray

p.s. The cost per tank on the analysis for the opti-lube products is off by almost a half. This is because they charge over $9 for shipping on a $20 dollar bottle. But when you need it, you need it.

I will contact Opti-lube and see what they say about the container this Monday.

Shipping charges are ridiculous on this product... Looked up info to order 2 bottles and shipping with UPS was $24...ROFL...@ extreme diesel...

If they would switch to priority mail...there shipping charges would be less and there sales just might increase on this product...

Last time I ordered an additive online...and shipped UPS the box looked like it had been dropped-kicked-Sat on by a 400lb driver and most of the product had leaked out...

Any product that deteriorates plastic, I don't want to add it to my fuel system...

I'll just stick with Stanadyne which I get {free} shipping on the pints-$10-{Ebay} and TC-W3... When it gets below freezing-->{White} PowerService...No shipping charges...

Diesel additives have a huge profit margin to be made... Hense the expensive $20 bottle of opti-lube--That price is crazy...

I just looked at the MSDS for this stuff. It looks fairly nasty. Great solvents and carcinogenic too. I don't have an answer for the OP, but longer storage or higher temps may soften a plastic that appears to be holding up at room temp. Be careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back