Old water heater add-on heat pump

I have moved an old add-on,heat pump for a water heater from house to house without hooking it up as it has a water leak but the compressor and heating part work fine. I think I left it in an unheated garage and so that is probably the reason for the water leak.

Its got a mfg date of 1981. Has not been used in two decades.

I am thinking a "project" listing on CL for $200.

PXL_20240203_225555452.jpg

PXL_20240203_225525678.jpg

I was hoping someone would say "oh that is worth fixing as the refrigerant they used back then was much more efficient than the ones they are forced to use today."

I was hoping someone would say "oh that is worth fixing as the refrigerant they used back then was much more efficient than the ones they are forced to use today."
The refrigerant they used back then is no longer made. You can probably get it but it's expensive.

Actually todays refrigerants are more efficient. Part of the reason we have such high SEER air conditioners and heat pumps now.

I sold it on CL for "free". I probably should have done that a few decades ago before I lugged it from house to house as I moved hoping one day I would get the time to fix it.

Back