Oil Recommendation for a 1966 Ford F100

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer old trucks over brand new ones

You can actually work on them and modify em to your needs and wishes-no warranty issues
Yrs ago I had a 1960 F 100 that had a `69 Plymouth Roadrunner 383 in it.Talk about a sleeper.
Wish I still had it.

Thanks guys! I agree, I love the old cars and trucks a lot more, so much heart and soul in these old machines hehe.

Originally Posted By: Death_Eagle_571
Hey guys, I'm new here, and I just bought a 1966 Ford F100 with the 240ci Straight-6 engine, I'm not sure what oil was in it when I bought it, but it was pretty nasty looking. The oil pressure at 2000-2500RPM was around 55 psi. since then I changed the oil and used Shell Rotella-T 15W-40, it has dropped to around 20-25 psi. the Specification for my engine is 35-55 psi @ 2000RPM I was reading that my truck called for Straight 30W oil, but I was under the assumption 15W-40 would work, and the ZDDP additives in this were sufficient to protect the flat tappets in my engine if I understand it right. Anyway, any ideas guys?

Death_Eagle_571,

We would also suggest the Shell Rotella T Triple Protection 15W40 for your engine. It is formulated with a higher zinc anti-wear package, which is ideal for flat tappet engines. The viscosity of the Rotella 15W40 is rated as a 40 weight at engine operating temperature (approx. 212F or so).

-The Shell Rotella Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back