Ford FE with roller cam oil?

I had a professional shop rebuild my 1968 Ford F-250 45x4 with FE 390 with a roller cam. It is for my farm truck that will be used for logging roads and short freeway runs to the dump. I am having FE specialties break in the motor prior to install. I have always used Swepco 306 oil in my flat tappet engnes. Will it be ok to use swepco (I was thinking the 5-30 due to the cold winters) even though I don't have a flat tappet cam/lifters? My other consideration was Kendall GT-1 liquitek 30wt.

Even though it’s now a roller cam, I’d stick with a high zinc motor oil. Valvoline VR1, Castrol for classic cars, and there’s other high zinc-high performance oils out there. The valvetrain on the FEs can always benefit from high zinc with those tall rocker shafts, pushrod angles, and the quick ramps of your roller cam.

I've got a 75 F-100 that has a 70 428 PI motor that I hope to have something like this done to some day.. It needs to be rebuilt and has been sitting since 2017.

is it a HYD roller or a Solid Roller? What's the valve train/spring pressures.

Is oiling to the rocker shafts restricted?

FE Specialties knows what he's doing, but i see no issue with the same oil you'd use for a flat tappet.

is it a HYD roller or a Solid Roller? What's the valve train/spring pressures.

Is oiling to the rocker shafts restricted?

FE Specialties knows what he's doing, but i see no issue with the same oil you'd use for a flat tappet.
Hyd Roller. 100% about Tom Lucas. I am gonna wait until FE specialties breaks in the motor an go with what they recommend.

Back