Oil for VW 2.0T??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, somebody please delete HondaFan's posts.
tongue.gif

1. You know, it's hard to keep up with you because you move the target so much. I thought we were talking about driving dynamics; hence, I prefaced my sentence in my last post with "based on driving dynamics". So based on *driving dynamics*, pages 26 and 27 (CR 07 Car edition) indicates that the Passat had the highest road score rating (1st for the 2.0T and tied for 1st on the V6). The numbers were 86 and 89, respectively. Now if you want to talk other virtues of a car, give me some warning so I can keep up. If you want to go back to reliability, for instance, you're arguing with yourself because I never claimed VW was reliable. so you win.

2) You presented me with "thousands of customers" that you had no first hand contact with? And then you followed up with a barrage of anecdotal evidence. Wow. Powerful evidence and scientific too! Definitely trumps my anecdotal evidence. Well, guess what. I live 25 miles from Marysville, Ohio and deal with Honda owners every day (I must be up in the thousands by now). And my subjective assessment based on my now increased anecdotal evidence (supported from my Ody forum experience) is that they have a superiority complex about their cars. Take that!
fence.gif

3. Logic? You got me there. I usually don't use logic when choosing entertainment options (which my personal driver is to me). You know when I use logic? When I buy appliances. That is why I know you'll agree with me that I made the right choice in picking a Toyota Sienna (higher reliability, higher CR rating) over the Honda Odyssey (better driving dynamics).

Yeah, it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree.
smile.gif
I would agree that you picked the better appliance though (Sienna), I just wouldn't agree with choosing a large family sedan as a toy, to me they are an appliance. In fact, in their classifications this is how CR refers to the Passat: The latest Volkswagen Passat is at the high-priced end of the family sedan category. To me, family sedan and fun are sort of an oxymoron. If you had an RS6 or M5 I wouldn't feel that way because they are obviously something more, but a Passat or Accord are family sedans, nothing more. In that respect the Accord does a better job and is much cheaper.

Jon

Last edited:
I would never mod a honda out.
1) the ppl that drive it are cocky and think theres nothing else better out there. Heaven forbid you visit a honda forum, that shows there true color. Honda modders are a bunch of kids that thug on the internet that have Honda screen names on every forum they go to and talk smack about everything else. It's like the short kid in middle shcool who always picked on every body because he had something to prove, and thats what honda modding is IMO..little engines that feel they have something to prove, and they do a So-so job at it..They run OK times, i'll give em' that...But i've beat ALOT more hondas than i've lost too.

2) theres just no personality to modding a honda..your just part of a big crowd.

3) Euro cars are just better build than honda.. I love VW and i'll admit VWs have HORRIBLE reliability but the over all feel of a VW , you can even feel it in just the door handle and quality of driving alone, is better than a honda. And i'm a car enthusiast, i don't mind working on my car, infact, i get bored when my car doesn't work. Besides, once you get to the point of racing, reliability goes out the window anyway.. which reminds me, most if not all the cars i've seen blow motors are Hondas...and they all have the same sound, 'Ka BLUNK!'
These little 4 banger engines can deliver the power but they sacrafice reloiability more than any other engine out there. There also not very fun to drive..no TQ at all.
1 grand to a 1.8T in a MKII will take out a tricked out h22

Quote:

Yeah, it looks like we are going to have to agree to disagree.
smile.gif
I would agree that you picked the better appliance though (Sienna), I just wouldn't agree with choosing a large family sedan as a toy, to me they are an appliance. In fact, in their classifications this is how CR refers to the Passat: The latest Volkswagen Passat is at the high-priced end of the family sedan category. To me, family sedan and fun are sort of an oxymoron. If you had an RS6 or M5 I wouldn't feel that way because they are obviously something more, but a Passat or Accord are family sedans, nothing more. In that respect the Accord does a better job and is much cheaper.

Jon

Well, before getting the minivan, I needed a large sedan to carry the family around. So getting something smaller than a passat was not an option. But I also made lots of trips from Ohio to NC and had to have some entertainment, hence the Passat. I test drove both the Accord and Passat and the Passat just blew me away. But I agree that for most people, the Accord is a better choice. I don't mind thinking about my car and don't mind going to car dealerships (it's like a candy shop to me) so getting service/warranty work done doesn't bother me. But a lot of my family members don't want to think about their cars and don't want to deal with service departments. I have never recommended a VW to any of these family members. In fact, I recently discouraged my sister-in-law from getting a Passat because of the problems with the 2.0T mentioned in this thread. On the other hand, I recommendeded a Jetta GLI to a neighbor who is an absolute car fanatic and he says its the best car he's ever owned (he had an 98 M3 before the GLI). Different strokes for different folks.

Quote:

1) the ppl that drive it are cocky and think theres nothing else better out there. Heaven forbid you visit a honda forum, that shows there true color. Honda modders are a bunch of kids that thug on the internet that have Honda screen names on every forum they go to and talk smack about everything else. It's like the short kid in middle shcool who always picked on every body because he had something to prove, and thats what honda modding is IMO..little engines that feel they have something to prove, and they do a So-so job at it..They run OK times, i'll give em' that...But i've beat ALOT more hondas than i've lost too.

2) theres just no personality to modding a honda..your just part of a big crowd.

3) Euro cars are just better build than honda.. I love VW and i'll admit VWs have HORRIBLE reliability but the over all feel of a VW , you can even feel it in just the door handle and quality of driving alone, is better than a honda. And i'm a car enthusiast, i don't mind working on my car, infact, i get bored when my car doesn't work. Besides, once you get to the point of racing, reliability goes out the window anyway.. which reminds me, most if not all the cars i've seen blow motors are Hondas...and they all have the same sound, 'Ka BLUNK!'
These little 4 banger engines can deliver the power but they sacrafice reloiability more than any other engine out there. There also not very fun to drive..no TQ at all.

I'm witnessing a mushroom cloud exploding right now. I think I'll exit quietly now because there is going to be some serious fallout.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I'm witnessing a mushroom cloud exploding right now. I think I'll exit quietly now because there is going to be some serious fallout.
popcorn.gif

Don't worry, I responded to you because I figured we could have a reasonable debate due to the fact that you can type intelligent sentences in proper English. The same doesn't apply to the poster above you so I will refrain.

Jon

Last edited:
You reported my post?
wow, your replys show alot more immaturity and disrespect than mine..
I honestly don't think theres anything wrong with what a wrote.

i'm tired of you new guys coming in here and spitting there info like it's worth anything to be quite honest..it's like those guys on talk radio who think there opinion matters.
Good day
-Jonathan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back