Let’s pick my oil…

2023 Acadia 2.0t. 50/50 driving. Price is not an issue. Been using M1 at 5k intervals.

HPL- any thoughts? Be specific.

Amsoil?

Stay with M1?

Other off the shelf suggestions?

Manual suggests 0w20. I’ve been going 5w30.

I'm using qs 5w-40 in my 2021 escalade instead of 0w-20 and I'm still under both warranties and have no worries. Use any SP rated euro oil at Walmart. You can use m1 0w-40 if you just like mobil.

The dealer basically never does a uoa, they just check to see if it's at the full mark before pulling the vc to send pics to corporate to approve any engine work. 5k intervals sound good to me. Being a turbo engine i think i'd do them a bit earlier regardless just to keep the internals extra clean.

Do spill and fills for the transmission every 30k or so, no need to do multiple spills or a filter change. That can be done every 100k at least. I find it interesting that GM switched to an 8 speed for the redesigned 2024 while 2023 has a 9 speed though.

I don't see a problem with M1. I like Castrol too. I just can't see a reason to go crazy in cost on oil when there's many reasonably priced synthetics readily available at Walmart. I've been running Castrol Euro 5w40 in my GTI. I've ran M1 0w40 in many cars and likely will use that again in the future in the GTI, but I've ran it in an F150 that called for 5w20, same with a Ford Edge, Jaguar S Type V8, Jaguar XJ, Pontiac GTO, and probably a couple I'm forgetting.

I'm assuming you aren't really pushing the vehicle not being a performance car. I can't imagine there's an oil that would be taxed by this application.

2023 Acadia 2.0t. 50/50 driving. Price is not an issue. Been using M1 at 5k intervals.

Amsoil?

Stay with M1?

Not complicated at all...Stick with what you are using and doing now....Easy Peasy...

If you're interested in trying HPL go for it. I'd run their 0W20 and go 10K miles.

Amsoil?

Stay with M1?

Castrol Edge EP, Mobil 1 EP or Pennzoil UP whichever is readily available. **0w20**

Last edited:

Amsoil?

Stay with M1?

So do you know how much fuel dilution that motor generates ?
I would not blindly jump to 10k without that understanding …

So do you know how much fuel dilution that motor generates ?
I would not blindly jump to 10k without that understanding …
I stick with a 30 if I did
NO VII 5w30 10k if I went that route

Back