Oil company with best environmental record??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well....I will never use BP or Castrol, ever again. I have Castrol Edge in my car now and it will be my last time.

Can someone help me find an oil/motor oil company who has the best environmental record?

I'm pretty skeptical about Exxon/Mobil, however, it was the Captain's fault for the oil spill back in the 1980's.

I found this but I doubt it's updated:

http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/pickyourpoison/

Make up your own mind.

I have had it with this or that group, the government, frankly anyone else, including those pesky Canadians, telling ME the right way to think.

The same people telling us BP should go straight to he!!, and they are going to find someone's "a$$ to kick", are the first people to let child rapists go free and known murderers walk.

I've had it.

NO PABLO. I am low on gas now and I need to find a new gas station.

I will not go to :

Citgo
BP
or any off brand gasoline station.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
"No PABLO" What?

I actually don't give a flying fruit which station you go to. Nothing personal, I just don't care.

Understood.

I will continue to fuel up at BP so long as they continue to pay for the cleanup in the gulf (so far they've paid the bills) if they stop doing that than I will reconsider my gas station of choice, but until then I have no reason to punish my local BP station.

hey - lets all drive the new Nissan Leaf! then we wont need gas or oil! then we can start a section on mods for electric motors and controllers!

We don't know if BPs procedures, statistically, are better than the competition. We may know more about BPs procedures as people narc and shed light on the situation. I bet employees at all levels in the competition are watching this and
27.gif
"OMG I saw someone do that..."

If the year were 1984, post 3-mile-island, pre-chernobyl, would we be hyping Russian nuclear power?

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
hey - lets all drive the new Nissan Leaf! then we wont need gas or oil! then we can start a section on mods for electric motors and controllers!

The power to recharge the Leaf and other electric and plug in hybrids will come in the next 10 years from?

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Originally Posted By: tomcat27

The power to recharge the Leaf and other electric and plug in hybrids will come in the next 10 years from?

Solar. See betterplace.com

Citgo has a nice humanitarian record basically to annoy the previous administration.

They give home heating fuel away to family's in desperate need in the North East and other parts of the country.

I just buy what is cheapest and leave it at that. Life is way too short....

I think Chevron has a good reputation, don't they?

Don't know specifics, you ust don't hear many 'anti-Chevron' stories around problems they caused....just an idea!

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Citgo has a nice humanitarian record basically to annoy the previous administration.

They give home heating fuel away to family's in desperate need in the North East and other parts of the country.

I just buy what is cheapest and leave it at that. Life is way too short....

Citizens Oil is nothing more than a front for Joe Kennedy to collect a salary of over 500K$ a year at this "non-profit".

Saw a post on TheOilDrum.com which stated that perhaps the well below the earth's surface is compromised and will never be capped from the top or even by relief wells. The BOP now sending oil to the surface may be tilting over leaving an uninterrupted 200,000 barrels a day to flow into the Gulf for years. Just sayin...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back