Oil Change: Hot or Cold?

Changed oil yesterday when the oil when it was probably about 100°F. Barely felt warm on the skin. The drain took a what I felt was a bit longer than my cold drain the last time. Probably just my Neuriva addicted brain. With lots of folks saying they smell fuel in these new cars, I did not detect any aroma floating about, even after the engine kicked on for 15 seconds climbing the ramps. After 7700 miles in the hybrid, the oil was a dark brown. Some brownish red hues as it was backlit by the sun while draining. I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference hot or cold. YMMV

I think we all know the answer to that!
i think anyone that follows the manufacturer's recommendations re: oil specs, filtration, and intervals is extraordinarily unlikely to have a lubrication-related failure irrespective of whether they use premium or economy oils and filters and irrespective of whether they change their oil hot or cold ...

I knew I forgot something today while changing oil. I should have bought myself a temp gun to check how hot the oil was draining out 🥱

Back