Officer Wilson to not be federally charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 3311
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
And you've got to believe that the DOJ was directed to find ANY leverage whatsoever to appease the masses of protesters.

... the officer is not obligated to forego his for yours.

The first one is a pretty big accusation.

The second does not necessarily justify the militarized, two officers pulling salary off my tax dollars for a speeding ticket style police-state as is being created in the name of officers' safety. Particularly if gun proliferation and violence issues are minimal and skewed/irrelevant.

Is this a serious post?

Is yours?

dnewton3 said:
And you've got to believe that the DOJ was directed to find ANY leverage whatsoever to appease the masses of protesters.

... the officer is not obligated to forego his for

The second does not necessarily justify the militarized, two officers pulling salary off my tax dollars for a speeding ticket style police-state as is being created in the name of officers' safety. Particularly if gun proliferation and violence issues are minimal and skewed/irrelevant.

Is this a serious post?

Is yours?

Absolutely! Just wanted to verify yours. Enjoy your reality!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I guess Al and Jesse are just crushed over this ruling,,,right?
That two man clown car has already moved on to the next "outrage".

I stand by my opinion in the first; do you not think the DOJ was directed by WH or other VERY high ranking administration, including the AG, to make sure every stone was overturned to appease the protestors? I have no objection, and actually expect, the DOJ to do a complete and relentless and thorough job in investigating ANY credible claim of rights violation. But I believe there was MOTIVE BEYOND UNBIASED OBJECTIVE REASON here. They wanted a reason to fry Wilson badly, and I believe that in my heart. This is an opinion, an accusation, I admit that. But it does not lessen in the face of the facts. How many civil rights violation claims are filed annually to the DOJ? Literally thousands; in every state, from police actions to crimial actions to civil employment, etc, etc, etc. How many civil rights issues are coverd by multi-media nationwide with this kind of visibility? Then ask yourself how many AG Holder personally visited and commented on at length?; a very precious few, including this one. He took an very specific interest in this case, either by his own accord or due to directive from WH admin. Do not let your common sense fail you here. Can I prove this? Nope. Does that diminish my theory? Nope. I am not stupid; I haven't survived 20 years as a cop and 25 years supervising in a union workplace by dumb luck. My gift of discernement and common sense have served me well. I stand by my "accusation" in this case.

As for the second point, we are not obligated to give up life for others, although at times it may be a noble thing we do in terms of sacrifice. Certainly we're not intending or expected to give it up for criminals.

I am going to refer to the other thread I started about the LEO shooting ... My comments in this thread are a tying of topics to your police-state comment.

The two-officer per vehicle policy is obviously situationally dependent; some deparments do it while others do not. I would completely disagree with your assessment here; this video is EXACTLY a PERFECT example of why multiple officers are used at times. How would this have ended if only ONE officer was confronting TWO suspects, with a gun presesnt, and and known felon present (who has a record of shooting at cops)? If anything, one could argue that MORE COPS may have averted this shooting. Maybe so, maybe not. Perhaps if it wasn't "man on man coverage" (two for two), the suspect would have complied? But because it was equal forces; man for man, the suspect went for it. Had he been overwhelmed significantly, he may have seen the folly in his decision and chose to submit. But he didn't. And I'll offer the fact that the driver DID comply and was not shot. Talk about disparity of choices here.

I have no idea why there were two officers in that one vehicle. Perhaps it was trainng, perhaps policy for a high-crime area, perhaps it was a lack of vehicles down for maintenance? Don't know; don't care. That does not change the direct facts leading to the suspect being shot.
- suspect was known felon in control of a weapon; brings UoF up to deadly force
- suspect failed to comply with repeated commands; as many as 20 commands were given and they were not contradictory
- suspect made direct movement towards the officer in a threatening manner when warned to NOT do so
- suspect was inside the "21 foot rule" (the officer safety bubble accepted nationwide in UoF traning; the suspect was well within arms reach as a threat)

Your point of police-state traffic stops is moot. How would it alter the actions taken by the officer? Had there been more or less cops, the susepct MIGHT have surrendered, but I doubt it; I think his mind was made up. The suspect already had a gun aimed directly at him. Do you think more or less guns aimed at him would have changed his actions? We can only guess here; this is not a situation we get to erase and act out again. This isn't a kids game; there's no "do over".

The cop that shot him did so legally, in complete compliance with UoF doctrine, in reasonable defense of his life. And adding more or less officers would not have changed his actions. Cops are not mind readers; we react to your actions. If you fail to comply, you may lose your life. There are admittedly some bad cops; ones that are perhaps predisposed to violence and perhaps trigger happy. But that certainly isn't the case here. This suspect was shot because he did not comply after being given AMPLE opportunity to do so. As I said previously, stupidity thins the herd. I sbumit that the amount of cops in the car wouldn't have changed a thing here.

Last edited:
I had a different take on this whole incident, from the get go. My impression of Officer Wilson (From interviews on TV) is that he just does not have the command presence to be a LEO. If he did, no way young Mr. Brown would have went in the window after him.

This is not to say that Officer Wilson did anything wrong, or that I have the slightest blame to place on anybody but Mr. Brown.........But some people have the "Alpha" presence to be cops, and some don't. I have met 5'2" women cops that have it. My impression is Wilson does not, and if he did, the incident would have turned out completely differently.

Tragic, yes. Michael Brown didn't kill Darren Wilson, but he ruined his career. It's also possible, as some have suggested, that Michael Brown could have reformed his life, and gone on to be a productive citizen. But Michael Brown is dead, and Darren Wilson is looking for a new career, solely because of the actions of Michael Brown.

While I'm not always a fan of the police, it seems to me that in this situation, Darren Wilson was not only justified, but obligated to defend himself. Peace officers can't allow themselves to be abused by criminals. Michael Brown was a hulking thug who thought his size and strength would allow him to get away with bullying and dominating other people.

This whole issue became a farce, beginning with "hands up, don't shoot".

Oh, that's not the way it happened? Meh... doesn't matter.

A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

I think the most important thing to consider in the case was the state of mind of Darrell Brown. He had just committed robbery. Wilson didn't know that, but Brown didn't know that Wilson didn't know.

I bet Obama has a fairer sense of justice than some might give him credit for. And he is half white. He does have a political motive to keeping in favor of the black community, and while the Brown case in Ferguson is not a good example, there are probably many more cases of racial profiling that take place every year. I think his response of more officer cams is a good one.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

An excellent quote.

Note that our King specifically directed Eric Holder and the DOJ to go get 'em. I actually am amazed that no one was indicted!

I am far more likely per statistics to be shot by a police officer simply because I am white. When a dept. makes nearly one million arrests a year as major metropolitan areas do, there will be some incidents. Each deserves FAIR and IMPARTIAL investigation, but the media has become our courtroom and the uninformed masses simply get their news from twittering...

Sharpton owes the IRS 4.5 million dollars but will never pay a nickel because of his standing(?) in the black community. The man's a political hack. Why MSNBC hired that stooge is beyond me, but I haven't watched that station since that hooting pos showed up.

dnewton3 said:

... the officer is not obligated to forego his for

Is this a serious post?

Is yours?

Absolutely! Just wanted to verify yours. Enjoy your reality!!

Neither yours or mine is absolutely correct, but they are both valid and I wont have tongue in cheek trashing of my comments.

If you just want to play alarmist with a different viewpoint, particularly with things that are not suited to be discussed on BITOG, then you really don't have much to add and Id keep it to yourself.

If you have something to add, that falls within the rules, do tell.

Al Sharpton emphatically stated that "they" did not need facts. "They" needed justice. Sharpton said that an investigation would only confuse matters.

Obama has stated that Sharpton is his "go-to-guy" when it comes to racial issues. He said Sharpton's advice and counsel is important and represents his promise to bring people together and to better understand his point of view.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
This whole issue became a farce, beginning with "hands up, don't shoot".

To tie this topic into the other thread about the LEO action shooting that I posted ...

The suspect actually did put his hands up and he was shot dead. But the facts are much larger than that one tid-bit. The susepct was repeatedly told to not move and show his hands. Instead, the suspect decided to exit the car even though the cop told him not to. Then the suspect forced his door open against the cop and stood about arms length from the cop as he hands above his head. The cop shot him.

"Hands up; don't shoot" is only relevant if you're commanded to do so. If you continually disobey commands, make up your own actions, and pretend to surrender, you're still likely to get shot.

Suspects are not in charge of the situation; cops are. Do what they tell you - no more and no less.

Returning to this thread about Wilson and Brown, Brown did not obey commands, attacked the officer, evacuated the vehicle and was challenged, again went into attack mode and was shot dead. I was not there; I don't know what was said. But I doubt he was told to beat the cop again by the cop; I doubt Wilson told Brown to rush him and mash his face a second time.

Comply and you have a good chance of survival.
Disobey and you may get your fame on youtube, but you'll not see it from inside the cadaver bag.

Cops have a duty to respect your and enforce rights.
But they have no such obligation to relinquish their own lives or rights to achieve that duty.

Last edited:
Didn't one of the Grand Jury say she was an admitted head case? Also a statement used as evidence was later proved to be wrong something about shooting a fleeing suspect. In addition isn't a former FBI investigating the NFL regarding domestic violence? Is it not true the FBI has never been brought up for wrongful homicide Ever? In some ways this should be in the humor section.

Unfortunately, witnesses lie all the time. That's why you have trials - to try to get to the truth of the matter.

First off, I agree that the shooting in MO and the other linked one in NJ were justified.

But the first topic has no play here on BITOG, it immediately becomes a P topic, which is why I called it out. Its not a matter of my personal opinion, which may well agree with you.

And the second, I don't necessarily disagree with anything you say. But your assumption is just that. You have your mind made up. "I think his mind was made up" was your comment more than once. OK, but coming up with hands up with two guns pointed is a pretty tough one to argue. In other words, why would anyone in their right mind come out with malicious intent? But then again, why would anyone in their right mind come out?

But "As I said previously, stupidity thins the herd." does not mean that a police officer has the authority or obligation to make that decision for the betterment of the population, even their own safety aside. In fact, such a mindset can be lead to justifying certain actions, which should not ever be the case. Only an absolutely current situational awareness should be the determinant of the behaviors undertaken for that specific interaction. Particularly if commentary such as:
Comply and you have a good chance of survival.
Disobey and you may get your fame on youtube, but you'll not see it from inside the cadaver bag.

Is portrayed here. I get it that to a felon this would be the absolute truth. For the good citizens of BITOG, of whom I assume are not felons, these scenarios should never even come into play for ANY interaction with police for any circumstances, even if someone does something illegal but has no prior conviction.

That said, as a law-abiding, respectful citizen, I deserve my constitutionally guaranteed innocent until proven guilty. That means I deserve treatment with the utmost respect, no weapons drawn, no expletives, no physical behavior, no aggressive behavior of any type, no excuses. The argument of an officer's right to life in no way trumps mine. And the UoF, or even remote consideration of the notion to consider UoF darn well better have good basis. The Felon in NJ sure did. The guy in MO sure seems to. But as more and more people feel threatened by officers' actions and behaviors even under routine circumstances, this is what causes the public at large's concerns (not mobs in cities) in my view and experience.

Ive also observed that there is a difference in the behaviors and actions/respectfulness/etc being stopped locally versus a state trooper. So there may well be some training/personality/other characteristics that play in to all this too.

I stand by my opinion in the first; do you not think the DOJ was directed by WH or other VERY high ranking administration, including the AG, to make sure every stone was overturned to appease the protestors? I have no objection, and actually expect, the DOJ to do a complete and relentless and thorough job in investigating ANY credible claim of rights violation. But I believe there was MOTIVE BEYOND UNBIASED OBJECTIVE REASON here. They wanted a reason to fry Wilson badly, and I believe that in my heart. This is an opinion, an accusation, I admit that. But it does not lessen in the face of the facts. How many civil rights violation claims are filed annually to the DOJ? Literally thousands; in every state, from police actions to crimial actions to civil employment, etc, etc, etc. How many civil rights issues are coverd by multi-media nationwide with this kind of visibility? Then ask yourself how many AG Holder personally visited and commented on at length?; a very precious few, including this one. He took an very specific interest in this case, either by his own accord or due to directive from WH admin. Do not let your common sense fail you here. Can I prove this? Nope. Does that diminish my theory? Nope. I am not stupid; I haven't survived 20 years as a cop and 25 years supervising in a union workplace by dumb luck. My gift of discernement and common sense have served me well. I stand by my "accusation" in this case.

As for the second point, we are not obligated to give up life for others, although at times it may be a noble thing we do in terms of sacrifice. Certainly we're not intending or expected to give it up for criminals.

I am going to refer to the other thread I started about the LEO shooting ... My comments in this thread are a tying of topics to your police-state comment.

The two-officer per vehicle policy is obviously situationally dependent; some deparments do it while others do not. I would completely disagree with your assessment here; this video is EXACTLY a PERFECT example of why multiple officers are used at times. How would this have ended if only ONE officer was confronting TWO suspects, with a gun presesnt, and and known felon present (who has a record of shooting at cops)? If anything, one could argue that MORE COPS may have averted this shooting. Maybe so, maybe not. Perhaps if it wasn't "man on man coverage" (two for two), the suspect would have complied? But because it was equal forces; man for man, the suspect went for it. Had he been overwhelmed significantly, he may have seen the folly in his decision and chose to submit. But he didn't. And I'll offer the fact that the driver DID comply and was not shot. Talk about disparity of choices here.

I have no idea why there were two officers in that one vehicle. Perhaps it was trainng, perhaps policy for a high-crime area, perhaps it was a lack of vehicles down for maintenance? Don't know; don't care. That does not change the direct facts leading to the suspect being shot.
- suspect was known felon in control of a weapon; brings UoF up to deadly force
- suspect failed to comply with repeated commands; as many as 20 commands were given and they were not contradictory
- suspect made direct movement towards the officer in a threatening manner when warned to NOT do so
- suspect was inside the "21 foot rule" (the officer safety bubble accepted nationwide in UoF traning; the suspect was well within arms reach as a threat)

Your point of police-state traffic stops is moot. How would it alter the actions taken by the officer? Had there been more or less cops, the susepct MIGHT have surrendered, but I doubt it; I think his mind was made up. The suspect already had a gun aimed directly at him. Do you think more or less guns aimed at him would have changed his actions? We can only guess here; this is not a situation we get to erase and act out again. This isn't a kids game; there's no "do over".

The cop that shot him did so legally, in complete compliance with UoF doctrine, in reasonable defense of his life. And adding more or less officers would not have changed his actions. Cops are not mind readers; we react to your actions. If you fail to comply, you may lose your life. There are admittedly some bad cops; ones that are perhaps predisposed to violence and perhaps trigger happy. But that certainly isn't the case here. This suspect was shot because he did not comply after being given AMPLE opportunity to do so. As I said previously, stupidity thins the herd. I sbumit that the amount of cops in the car wouldn't have changed a thing here.

The millions of dollars squandered by our so-called Department of Justice pursuing this matter only to have nothing substantive to show for it.

Final tally will reflect one young criminal’s life snuffed out and a LEO’s career irreparably altered. Too bad.

I'm not so sure. The pressure on the other side of the equation has been pretty significant.

it pretty much is an indication that Wilson didn't act incorrectly.

Actually, it's an indication that the evidence against him didn't meet the Federal standards. There's a difference.

The Grand Jury SHOULD have indicted him. I know a lot of attorneys and every single one who has commented on the case has said that the State prosecutor clearly mishandled his case.

The real take-away here is that we don't know what happened except that Wilson shot and killed Brown. Period. This means we can't say he's guilty OR innocent. We have to learn to let our suspicions be suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back