Officer Wilson to not be federally charged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some comically willful ignorance on display in this thread
33.gif

Originally Posted By: greenjp
Some comically willful ignorance on display in this thread
33.gif

I don't think there is anything wrong with what I wrote. Let others judge for themselves.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
They will not go. Not most of them. They are living good here. My brother has been in over 100 countries in the world. He told me a lot about several countries. I think these people who so hate their own country would be in for a surprise if they went to many other countries.

Yeah, for one thing, they wouldn't be getting the free gov handouts...also, punishments in other countries can be a lot more severe than they are here...

It is considered 'in' and 'hip,' or whatever the current 'in' phases are to be anti-police, anti-military, and anti-USA. I don't follow whatever is 'in.' I think for myself. And I did become educated and I do know quite a lot about history. If some college professor somewhere is telling college students that the USA is some evil country that the world would have been better without they are lying, or incredibly lacking in any knowledge of history themselves. The USA has hardly been the worse country or empire in history. Step away from the iPad or iPhone and go to a library and read some history books. Stop playing video games long enough to read a few books.

I can't believe the lack of education of some people today. There was a guy here who was apparently banned, who seemed to think that the Japanese in WWII merely waterboarded a few prisoners. I could go on and on. In fact, today is the anniversary of the Soviet Army liberating one of the Nazi concentration camps. Some 12 million human beings died in the concentration camps. 25 million Russians died in WWII ALONE! Millions of Chinese died. I have met a lot of people who hardly even are aware of WWII, much less aware of what happened in that war. It is sad. It is a major failure of our educational system. Young people are being robbed of their right to be educated. The teachers and educators should be ashamed of themselves.

Originally Posted By: greenjp
The strawmen do hold up much better when you also demonize the people you're ascribing their arguments too
48.gif

Indeed.

It is considered 'in' and 'hip,' or whatever the current 'in' phases are to be anti-police, anti-military, and anti-USA. .

The Founding Fathers were anti establishment and opposed tyranny. Some of us in the middle are not anti police, its just that we want the police to remember who they work for.

The founding fathers were indeed against tyranny. And I am basically in the middle. I generally find any extreme viewpoints, whether to the left or the right, to be silly. Although it depends on each issue. On some things I will be more to the left or more to the right. Because I make up my mind based on the merits of every issue. I used to consider myself a Kennedy liberal. Today a Kennedy liberal would I guess be considered a conservative.

I am aware that the police work for us. But that does not mean that the lives of police officers do not matter and it does not mean that the police are not allowed to defend themselves. Most of the police officers and sheriff deputies and state patrol officers I have met in my life were just trying to do their jobs. I have seen only a few bad cops.

This post was about Officer Wilson in the Ferguson case to not be federally charged. A grand jury found no evidence to convict him. If both a grand jury and a federal investigation found no evidence that Officer Wilson did anything wrong then apparently Officer Wilson simply did his job, correct? But Officer Wilson has resigned from the Ferguson police department. Why does he have to lose his job if he was innocent of any wrongdoing?

Yes, the police work for us. But the police have rights also and are also citizens. I saw a lot of marches and a considerable amount of violence on TV and a lot of support for Michael Brown but I did not see any marches to protest the murder of two police officers in NY City. Both of whom were also from minority groups by the way. And I did not see anybody protesting the destruction of businesses in the Ferguson area by protestors. I don't think any of those business people had anything to do with the shooting of Michael Brown.

Last edited:
But Officer Wilson has resigned from the Ferguson police department. Why does he have to lose his job if he was innocent of any wrongdoing?

Because there is reverse racism in our country today and what
"the community" wants, "the commuinity" gets. You all know what that PC phrase means don't you?
smirk.gif

A lot of the conflict about this case and those violent demonstrations are basically because they (black community) don't believe Officer Wilson's story.

I dont recall the exact number but I think I read there were like a dozen different versions of what happened.So much for credible witnesses. The forensics experts support Wilsons story. I hope they have police cams for the next time this kind of thing happens. Impartial and mostly foolproof.

They do need police cams. But I don't know if that will really help that much. Because there was an incident not too far from Furguson where a police officer had to shoot a guy who pulled a gun on him. The police officer did not have a body camera but a video camera at a business recorded everything. The guy with the gun clearly pulled the gun out and aimed at the police officer. The gun was a 9mm with the serial number filed off. And even with all of that evidence there was still rioting.

No matter what anybody says about the incident involving Michael Brown and Officer Wilson there was no excuse for protestors in Furguson to burn down several businesses. They hurt their own community and their own chances of employment and advancement doing that.

It's not all about this incidence. There are many many more cases where black people are killed or harassed every day and in many cities.

Does anyone think there should be some black cops in black neighborhoods?

This officer was exonerated. Does that mean there is no problem?

We have state troopers in Mass making over 200K per year. Not just a few. More like a hundred. That's prime breeding ground for corruption. Years ago I participated in a diversity program in a town in Colorado. The Dare officer said the west does not like to hire police from east of the Mississippi as they are known to be corrupt. That's from a white cop. I was floored.

I don't even know where to begin to comment concerning this post. According to national statistics most black people who die in shootings are killed by other blacks.

According to what I heard, the Furguson police department tried to recruit more black officers. The police force certainly should resemble the community. In NY City, according to what was said on the news, about 50% of the police force comes from minority groups.

The grand jury and a federal investigation found no evidence to indict Officer Wilson. So yes, at least in the case of Officer Wilson, there is no problem. Are there some sort of problems in the Furguson police department? I don't know.

Just because somebody makes over 200K a year does not mean they are corrupt. I personally have met several police officers in Colorado who came from back east or elsewhere in the USA and they seemed like fine people. I know in the local Sheriff's Office there was an officer who came from NY City. He later returned to NY City and is now a Lt. in the NYPD. He seems like an excellent man. I met him again when he came back for a retirement ceremony for a man and woman he had known who had retired. He was the same guy. He had not changed a bit. He was a friendly, nice guy. Where I live we have a Sheriff's Office and we come in contact with several deputies. They have community policing.

I refuse to believe that every police officer east of the Mississippi River is corrupt.

How much money people makes depends to some extent on where they live. For all I know 200K in Mass may not really be all that much money. It would be a good salary in Colorado. But again, it depends on where you live in Colorado. In Denver 200K is really not that great of a salary. Ever been in Denver? I know of homes in Denver that are probably worth millions of dollars. I know of an area in Denver where there are several such homes. And it is expensive to live in Denver. Older homes can easily go for 300,000-400,000-500,000 dollars.

I don't know of anything about police in the west not wanting any police officers to come from the eastern part of the USA. I know in the local Sheriff's Office there have been several officers who came from various parts of the USA. The local Sheriff's Office even had officers from England. And I remember a deputy who I think was from Vietnam.

I don't even know where to begin to comment concerning this post. According to national statistics most black people who die in shootings are killed by other blacks.

According to what I heard, the Furguson police department tried to recruit more black officers. The police force certainly should resemble the community.

And the reason why they couldn't have more police officers from the
"black community" in Furguson is because they were NOT qualified. Meaning that many of the potential applicants had prior criminal records!
That is not the fault of the police force, "the community" has only itself to blame.

I sure many here have heard that many police forces actually do NOT want highly qualified, intelligent applicants because of EEOC rules, this is the ONLY way they can get minorities on the forces. Absolutely
freakin outrageous and disgraceful.

Many departments will actually DISqualify those candidates that score in the top percentile of tests given for potential officers, and we all know that most of those scoring very highly on those tests tend to be whites. No politically correct bull will be posted by me, just the facts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
It's not all about this incidence. There are many many more cases where black people are killed or harassed every day and in many cities.

I see what you mean by this.

No one else in this thread will. Prepare to be jumped.

Then make thread to discuss it.

This thread is about Officer Wilson. When you bring in tangential issues to the Officer Wilson case, expect to be called on it.

No one is saying there are not biased or racist cops. What people are saying is the Wilson-Brown incident, was not a good case to hang your hat on with respect to police killing innocent African Americans or institutional racism. Brown robbed a store, assault the employer/owner and then tried to take the gun of a police officer.

The officer shot him.

Some tried to claim it was racially motivated. Multiple investigations could not find evidence, including one done by the US Justice Department, headed by a black man in the cabinet of a black president.

It was a tragedy that Michael Brown died. It was not a racially motivated police action.

On a note of good news, the Friendship 9 were exonerated in South Carolina today.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

According to what I heard, the Furguson police department tried to recruit more black officers. The police force certainly should resemble the community.

And the reason why they couldn't have more police officers from the
"black community" in Furguson is because they were NOT qualified. Meaning that many of the potential applicants had prior criminal records!
That is not the fault of the police force, "the community" has only itself to blame.

I sure many here have heard that many police forces actually do NOT want highly qualified, intelligent applicants because of EEOC rules, this is the ONLY way they can get minorities on the forces. Absolutely
freakin outrageous and disgraceful.

Many departments will actually DISqualify those candidates that score in the top percentile of tests given for potential officers, and we all know that most of those scoring very highly on those tests tend to be whites. No politically correct bull will be posted by me, just the facts.

yeap, same goes for federal jobs, I have worked for #1 in the world in my sector and have seen internal memos going around pushing HR to hire more minorities, this was done just before bidding on a DoD contract.
I got a few calls from DoJ enquiring about labor practices after I left there. Kinda open secret...

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Then make thread to discuss it.

This thread is about Officer Wilson. When you bring in tangential issues to the Officer Wilson case, expect to be called on it.

No one is saying there are not biased or racist cops. What people are saying is the Wilson-Brown incident, was not a good case to hang your hat on with respect to police killing innocent African Americans or institutional racism. Brown robbed a store, assault the employer/owner and then tried to take the gun of a police officer.

The officer shot him.

Some tried to claim it was racially motivated. Multiple investigations could not find evidence, including one done by the US Justice Department, headed by a black man in the cabinet of a black president.

It was a tragedy that Michael Brown died. It was not a racially motivated police action.

On a note of good news, the Friendship 9 were exonerated in South Carolina today.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Very good post and I agree 100%...

Lets see now: Rule nbr 1. do not rob or steal stuff.
Rule nbr 2. do not reach in a police persons car
window and start an altercation and
try to grab their gun.
Rule nbr 3. If you do numbers 1 and 2 it could

be an unhealthy moment for someone,
hopefully for the bad dude..imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back