New Super Tech Oil

A company that produces crude, operates petrochemical complexes, has additive co’s, and is a formulator as well.
3 examples: CVX, RDS, and XOM …
I thought so...Do me a favor and drain that Redline from your generator 🤣
No more Valvoline sales for ya!

It’s from P66 !
Actually what I have is more likely from ChevronPhillips who makes the fancy base stock a few miles from here
You mean Conoco-Phillips, right? Chevron is still on its own...

It’s from P66 !
Actually what I have is more likely from ChevronPhillips who makes the fancy base stock a few miles from here
P66 - No upstream. Probably from ChevronPhillips as you said. The point is, regardless of preferences, there aren’t that many options where everything was made “in the house”

You mean Conoco-Phillips, right? Chevron is still on its own...
No, I have it right … Conoco does E&P these days …

P66 - No upstream. Probably from ChevronPhillips as you said. The point is, regardless of preferences, there aren’t that many options where everything was made “in the house”
Anyway … I have north of a hundred quarts in my stash and 1 quart of Redline in a small motor.
I have used Redline and Amsoil for transfer case and other niche stuff … but not for any engine I drive. I know it’s great … but perhaps better than I need …

On August 30, 2002, Conoco Inc. and Phillips Petroleum Company, whose headquarters were in nearby Bartlesville, Oklahoma merged into ConocoPhillips. In May 2012, ConocoPhillips completed the corporate spin-off of its downstream assets as Phillips 66.

I tend to set aside offshoot chemical companies altogether, as they are not always related to product discussions here.

Last edited:
We've gone OT from Supertech's synthetic line of oils. Does anyone have an answer to the question I posed a few posts back?

We've gone OT from Supertech's synthetic line of oils. Does anyone have an answer to the question I posed a few posts back?
That’s all marketing trying to persuade you to buy the new, slightly more expensive product. Quaker State did something similar with only using two stars for the wear protection category. Honestly, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they do it just for their amusement, so they can watch a bunch of grown ups whine and complain on BITOG. No doubt this website gives marketers in the O&G industry a good laugh.

I have an email into Warren support for PDS on the new stuff. No reply yet. 20K might be stretching it for $17 jug of oil. Can't wait to see a VOA.
I can't wait for you to hear back, thanks for doing that but let me ask you this, if ST started marketing/advertising link the big boys and starting charging like the big boys would you believe it could go 20k then? Even though I have never used ST I can't help but think the majority of the difference in price is in the marketing/advertising and not the oil, just my .02.

I can't wait for you to hear back, thanks for doing that but let me ask you this, if ST started marketing/advertising link the big boys and starting charging like the big boys would you believe it could go 20k then? Even though I have never used ST I can't help but think the majority of the difference in price is in the marketing/advertising and not the oil, just my .02.
Personally, if ST wanted to start advertising like the big boys and start charging $$ like the big boys, then they would probably have to do what O’Reilly did with the Syntec name. Very few people will select a store brand item for the same price as a name brand. Change up the label and call it for example, “Supertech, by Amalie”. Walmart will probably never do that though. It defeats the purpose of a store brand. Unless Walmart plans to take Supertech from a store brand, to a national brand available at other retailers, I don’t see them going on a marketing binge.

That’s all marketing trying to persuade you to buy the new, slightly more expensive product. Quaker State did something similar with only using two stars for the wear protection category. Honestly, I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if they do it just for their amusement, so they can watch a bunch of grown ups whine and complain on BITOG. No doubt this website gives marketers in the O&G industry a good laugh.

I seriously doubt we're even that important.

About a month ago I saw the first post on ST calling their synthetic a 10K oil and I assumed it was their new 'Advanced' line. Now they are showing a 20K synthetic which I now assume is the 'Advanced' version. So now I assume that ST is saying their regular synthetic is a 10K oil. I guess my confusion will be cleared up when all the old stock is gone and every bottle will be marked with the new wording. If ST sells their 10K oil for under $15 for the 5 quart jug (as their regular ST syn. is currently priced)...it would be a great deal considering that many BITOGers considered the regular syn. to be a 6 or 7K oil.

I seriously doubt we're even that important.
We’re definitely not important. But on the internet this is probably the most widely used platform to talk about motor oil. Big enough that even Pennzoil thinks it’s important to be present on here. I’m sure plenty other motor oil marketing teams follow this site fairly regularly.

About a month ago I saw the first post on ST calling their synthetic a 10K oil and I assumed it was their new 'Advanced' line. Now they are showing a 20K synthetic which I now assume is the 'Advanced' version. So now I assume that ST is saying their regular synthetic is a 10K oil. I guess my confusion will be cleared up when all the old stock is gone and every bottle will be marked with the new wording. If ST sells their 10K oil for under $15 for the 5 quart jug (as their regular ST syn. is currently priced)...it would be a great deal considering that many BITOGers considered the regular syn. to be a 6 or 7K oil.
I went to Walmart today and I can now answer my own questions. The SKU on the new 10K syn. is the same as on the older ST syn. so that means that the original ST syn. is now labeled for 10K (whether or not the formula has been upgraded is unknown). The new 20K syn. is the 'Advanced syn. and has a new SKU. The 10K stuff says "10K or one year whichever comes first" and the 20K stuff says "20K or one year whichever comes first"....so both are limited to one year of use. The 10K stuff says "Superior Wear Protection" while the 20K stuff says "Maximum Wear Protection". The 10K is $14.47 and the 20K is $16.96 for the 5 qt. jug...or 50c a quart difference....

So, how is it possible to make an oil this cheap go 20K? Wouldn't that require some more expensive base stocks? Save money by not having to market the product at all, like ads and racing sponsors?

Back