New Super Tech Oil

Ok, so who makes the 20k mile SuperTech? And do we have a PDS? Really curious about this oil. What a great price, too. I can't help but think it would have to contain some PAO. I'd love to see the pour point and flash point in the 0w20, if that weight is out yet.

Ok, so who makes the 20k mile SuperTech? And do we have a PDS? Really curious about this oil. What a great price, too. I can't help but think it would have to contain some PAO. I'd love to see the pour point and flash point in the 0w20, if that weight is out yet.
I have an email into Warren support for PDS on the new stuff. No reply yet. 20K might be stretching it for $17 jug of oil. Can't wait to see a VOA.

Nothing on the Mag1 site about an extended oil, but the Supertech advanced doesn't seem to show on the Walmart website, and only the 10w30 was on the self, makes me wonder if the 0w20,5w20, and 5w30 are hung up in the certification process for Dexos or one of the other manufacturer approvals at the moment or something.

Just curious, does anyone really adopt the 20k miles OCI? If so, care to share experience?
I go 20,000 miles on my 2008 Toyota Sienna van. The factory OCI is 5,000 miles. There were a few times that I went over the 20,000 mile oil change. I have had the used oil sample sent to Blackstone labs in Fort Wayne, IN. for analysis and they said I could go 23,000 miles. I then thought 20,000 miles would be good enough. I use the Fram ultra oil filter that is rated for 20,000 miles. The oil I use is the Mobil 1 5w-30 ep synthetic oil. The oil was rated for 15,000 miles, and I bought a lot of the oil when it was on sale at Walmart. I still have 8 5 quart containers left. Mobil1 stopped selling the Mobil1 "AP" oil and are now selling the 20,000 mile EP oil. Since the 15,000 mile oil would go 20,000 miles they didn't change how they made the 15,000 mile oil they just put the 20,000 mile guarantee sticker on it. They did ask me about my experience with the 15,000 oil. I told them it went over 20,000 miles with no issues. My v6 engine also does not use any oil during the 20,000 mile oci. My van now has over 359,000 miles on it. The v6 that Toyota makes ( 3.5 ) is one of the best v6 engines ever made. Of course, the Mobil1 5w-30 ep oil is outstanding along with the Fram ultra oil filter too!!

W*M's ST-FS is making it an almost "no brainier" for me these days. I'll easily buy it unless there is a name brand with a better deal going on at the time I happen to need oil...obviously!

That’s a good, fair price for a good, quality motor oil. But our lives would be so meaningless if we didn’t criticize it...because Walmart, you know.
Well, in a town my size … hard not to be a Walmart shopper … no doubt it’s decent but I’d still rather support integrated oil companies and their R&D - over a formulator … Walmart has great prices on all lube brands …
Have yet to do above 10k OCI and not going to start above that with ST …

Last edited:
Well, in a town my size … hard not to be a Walmart shopper … no doubt it’s decent but I’d still rather support integrated oil companies and their R&D - over a formulator … Walmart has great prices on all lube brands …
Have yet to do above 10k OCI and not going to start above that with ST …
So, anyone who uses additives from Lubrizol is out of your wallet?

I'm a bit confused...is the 2 star rated ST 'Full Synthetic' now rated for 10K and the 3 star rated 'Advanced Full Synthetic' for 20K? I ask because I was originally under the impression that the 10K ST was the new 'Advanced' stuff....

Last edited:
Back