New Roll Cart configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked these up a couple of years ago to replace the 30 yr old Hazets without QR, they don't look like this anymore except for the Wera, which I hate and don't use. I have some Snap-On, Stahlwille and Proto stuff also.

I like the misc. tote full of stuff. I have a few coffee cans full of random odds and ends. Can't bring myself to get rid of them since I seem to always go to them when in need which is quite often.

Never know when you'll need something.

How strong is that SO flex head ratchet? I need something stronger than my 120XP.

My roll cart has the tools I need for the job in hand. Then they all get counted back into b my tool cabinets after use. That way I know I haven't left one on the job. Advancing age means occasional memory lapses.....

Claud.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I like the misc. tote full of stuff. I have a few coffee cans full of random odds and ends. Can't bring myself to get rid of them since I seem to always go to them when in need which is quite often.

How strong is that SO flex head ratchet? I need something stronger than my 120XP.

I haven't broke a Dual-80 ratchet yet, I have put at least 300 ft lbs through my FL80 using a cheater pipe.
My FBF80 Bent flex head doesn't accept a cheater so I don't really know how strong it is, But I will say it will take a beating!

I don't have any of the latest Dual-80 ratchets, There supposed to be stronger. The new part number for the long straight flex head is FLF80A......"A" meaning it's the first revision of the FLF80.

I traded in my FHX80 today for a FLLF80, But it won't be in 'til next week. I'll be putting it through it's paces & will let you guys know.

I've heard some good things about the GW XP120, Did you break it? Or do you need a longer handle?

Originally Posted By: Trav
I picked these up a couple of years ago to replace the 30 yr old Hazets without QR, they don't look like this anymore except for the Wera, which I hate and don't use. I have some Snap-On, Stahlwille and Proto stuff also.

I like how the switch is recessed in the head!
How well does the rubber on the grips stand up to ATF? If it is rubber?

The grips are harder plastic with a soft insert, so far no problems with oil and fluids. Like Snap On they have replacement grips for about $5ea. I bought extra ones and haven't needed to use them yet.
Its a little late in the game to be replacing tools that are EOL but I have no intention of giving up on it yet and I still enjoy buying new quality tools and using them,

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I haven't broke a Dual-80 ratchet yet, I have put at least 300 ft lbs through my FL80 using a cheater pipe.
My FBF80 Bent flex head doesn't accept a cheater so I don't really know how strong it is, But I will say it will take a beating!

I don't have any of the latest Dual-80 ratchets, There supposed to be stronger. The new part number for the long straight flex head is FLF80A......"A" meaning it's the first revision of the FLF80.

I traded in my FHX80 today for a FLLF80, But it won't be in 'til next week. I'll be putting it through it's paces & will let you guys know.

I've heard some good things about the GW XP120, Did you break it? Or do you need a longer handle?

I was using it on some frozen/ rusted bolts and my concern was it breaking at the hinge pin. Great ratchet otherwise and I use it all the time.

The grips are harder plastic with a soft insert, so far no problems with oil and fluids. Like Snap On they have replacement grips for about $5ea. I bought extra ones and haven't needed to use them yet.
Its a little late in the game to be replacing tools that are EOL but I have no intention of giving up on it yet and I still enjoy buying new quality tools and using them,

I go through phases where I don't buy tools unless it's absolutely necessary, Then I'll change jobs (Which I don't do often) & have to buy some stuff. I hope to stay up with it after I retire! Are you retired Trav?

Speaking of having to buy stuff, Been working on a TON of fleet trucks which means a lot of Ford F-Series & their 12-point 12mm headed u-joint flange bolts installed with the worlds strongest thread locker.

Picked up this 1/2" drive reduced shank 12mm 12-point Snap-on # S6194 for $50 total off the truck yesterday. It's about 4" long & works great!
bhzy2EQ.jpg

Semi retired due to a bad bike accident years ago. Within the next few years I want be doing mostly what I like best, body work, painting and fabrication. In reality they will probably find me stone cold with a wrench still in the hand, you know how goes being a mechanic yourself, its love/hate profession.
lol.gif

Working on a lot of Euro stuff XZN is a way of life. Is that extension socket XZN or standard 12pt.

Semi retired due to a bad bike accident years ago. Within the next few years I want be doing mostly what I like best, body work, painting and fabrication. In reality they will probably find me stone cold with a wrench still in the hand, you know how goes being a mechanic yourself, its love/hate profession.
lol.gif

Working on a lot of Euro stuff XZN is a way of life. Is that extension socket XZN or standard 12pt.

Nope, 12-point as a 12mm combination wrench fit's them well. Do external XZN drive fasteners exist? I call them Triple Square's.

Internal, but I have seen a 10 and 12mm external special sockets. I wondered if they had gone rouge and started using something no one had and had to buy special.

Internal, but I have seen a 10 and 12mm external special sockets. I wondered if they had gone rouge and started using something no one had and had to buy special.

It's still the same flange bolt's Ford has used forever. The giant aluminum driveshafts made access pretty tight.

Thanks for sharing Silk!

I wish I could keep a pair of Tin Snips, Everytime I buy a pair they get stolen, borrowed, Or lost....Now that I don't work in a "Custom" shop...I may be able to keep a pair?

Every Mechanic has a giant pair of "Channel Locks", Very versatile tool!

I like the mini bolt cutters! I have a similar Craftsman one at home.

My mini Craftsman slip-joint pliers, Been using them for over 25 years, Works GREAT on U-joint clips & small hose clamps! Got them in my grandad's estate so I don't know how old they are.

h2NHOBi.jpg

New Britain & Cornwell "Transmission Snap Ring" Pliers. The NB's are from my GD's estate, I bought the Cornwells years ago & are modified to open more for TH350/700R4/4L60E Low Reverse Piston return spring snap-ring removal.

gXCWaT1.jpg

My snips are right cut, because I'm left handed, the left cut and straights I keep at home, where I don't have time pressure to get it right. My slip joints are total junk from a junk shop, the smaller blue handle ones are SK...the junk ones last for years. My snap rings are Snap-on, can't see them, 3 pairs of SK circlip pliers and some no brand. It's a mess, but I usually have no trouble finding what I need. With everything being different, you know what you are looking for, if they were all the same brand they would look alike.

Snap-on "Trans" Snap Ring Pliers, I use the SRP1's (Left) on 95% of the transmission snap rings I deal with, I've worn out 2 pair so far.....A SRP1 & a SRP1A, This is the latest SRP1C. Spring steel snap ring wear the [censored] out of the knurles on the tip.

To the right is my original (1990) SRP2's that I don't use all that much.

pJeXOXw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back