New Oatmeal A Total Yuck

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Picked this up yesterday.
Great box and packets that I'm sure taste better than this oatmeal.
If your omega 3 defiecent than this may help as it tastes like fish oil and 4 day old coffee grinds and leaves a saccharin taste in your mouth...

Just say no...

1000002053.jpg

Oats are terrible. All carbs and little value over the the fiber My daughter owns two warm bloods that cost over $100,000. each [don't ask me the brilliance of that ] But she won't feed oats to the horses. read the package ,artificial ingredients.

Touche'......It's a reference to a Food Network personality named Guy Fierie.
He uses the fictitious place name "Flavortown" as TV folk in the '50's used the term, "Televisionland".

I know just ribbing you.

As much grief as Guy Fieri gets, he seems to be a pretty decent human being. He's had a series of restaurants that have eventually failed, but still operates a fairly successful catering business in Sonoma County, where he's based. If there's any kind of disaster, he'll be out there providing food for people displaced as well as police, firefighters, and other people working in public safety.

I didn't quite get the appeal of the Johnny Garlic's chain. When I've visited Russian River Brewing in downtown Santa Rosa, I walked by Tex Wasabi's when it was open and it looked depressing.

It does't sound like his restaurants have been where his money comes from, but were how he ended up in the food entertainment business. I heard that he'd love to ditch the spiked hair and frosted tips look, but can't because that's part of the brand. He has apparently ditched the bowling shirts though.

I avoid instant or quick cooking oats. I instead use steel cut oats and let it sit over night. Boil the water,, dump in the oats, give it a swish,, put a lid on and turn off the heat. Warm it up in the morning and top with whatever I have in mind.

Guy's a "Prisoner of his Hair-doo" (Great song - Christine Lavin)
I want to see a timeline of Guy's business trajectories. When did he open restaurants relevant to TV exposure / success?

His pleas for restaurant workers' relief during Covid were succinct and sincere.

I tried the Millville brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal from Aldi, it has a nasty aftertaste compared to Quaker

Back