New gun confiscation law in NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: redbone3
Anyone with half a brain knew Cuomo was anti-gun. Why did New York elect the bum?
Because the people that voted have less than half a brain!

Here in VA we can still open carry, no license, no nothing. Put your handgun in a holster and walk around...zero problems. You can also keep a gun in your car as long as it is in a container. Doesn't even have to be locked. A couple of localities have stricter rules.....but I don't ever go up in those Yankee infested areas.

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Transporting.shtm

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Happy Happy Happy

Anyone with half a brain knew Cuomo was anti-gun. Why did New York elect the bum?

Maybe some voters liked the rest of his platform? There's more than "one fight" going on.

People in Upstate NY did not vote for him.

Remember, NY state (all of it) is run by the people of NYC.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Miller88

People in Upstate NY did not vote for him.

Remember, NY state (all of it) is run by the people of NYC.

This. NYC dictates this state unfortunately. That place can break off and float away as far as I'm concerned. There's only a few liberals that I know of around here. Mostly college students who think that they can save the the world with their "love the good hate the bad philosophy and if you don't like it I'll slander you and call you every name in the book and throw stones at you" attitude. Cuomo is just another one of those idiots. I love how starting in January I'll have to submit to a back round check just to by ammo.
mad.gif
Ridiculous.

Yeah. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I would be more than happy if they broke off and floated away.

I'd be content with that, but my luck would be that the bit I drive through when going through NY to get out of New England would stay as part of NYC.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
"...and if you don't like it I'll slander you and call you every name in the book and throw stones at you" attitude. Cuomo is just another one of those idiots.

I love the internet.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
"...and if you don't like it I'll slander you and call you every name in the book and throw stones at you" attitude. Cuomo is just another one of those idiots.

I love the internet.

Ain't it great!

Is it legal to buy ammo in a gun friendly state like Virginia, NC, SC, etc and take it home to NY/MD, etc? I am pretty sure it is. Great new law NY, I'm sure the bad guys will never think of this one.

Originally Posted By: whip
New York State will be next, followed by the entire country.

The country will not follow. Other than in NY and Cali, gun owners are winning. Illinois just passed concealed carry laws. Ohio is in the process of making it easier to get a permit, and changing to laws to favor citizens for using a gun to defend themselves. There are may other instances where we are winning. Stop the doom and gloom thinking.

Illinois passed the law kicking and screaming after being told by the Supreme Court to do it numerous times. In fact, if they hadn't passed the law by a certain date (and they were given many extensions) then an unrestricted CC law would have taken effect. Now they are dragging their feet on certifying trainers and getting the database set up to actually register anyone.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
It is time to recall any legislator or politician who votes against the will of the people.

Defining the will of the people is a tricky thing. Defining the will of one person is not.

Only 5 rounds? Zero percent of my guns would be legal there.

After all the criminals turn in their hi-cap guns they will be forced to use bombs for their destructive needs.

Wait a minute, i doubt any criminal will comply with this rule!

We've just gone about as far as you can go in the opposite direction.

Originally Posted By: Win

We've just gone about as far as you can go in the opposite direction.

Thank you. I get so tired of all of the doom and gloom when it comes to guns, despite the fact that things are going well for gun owners.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
It is time to recall any legislator or politician who votes against the will of the people.

Defining the will of the people is a tricky thing. Defining the will of one person is not.

It is time to recall any legislator or politician who votes against "the unalienable rights" of the people.

Fixed, not that I would expect someone in Canada to understand.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back