Need advice on 2000 Lincoln LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Sadly the LS is one of Lincoln's more regrettable designs. Best to follow the guidelines of the market: They're cheap for a reason.

Regrettable designs?!?!?!?

I am sorry, but you have no idea what your talking about.
I am not saying this because I have one. But because what I am about to say, is fact.

The LS was the single best thing to happen to Lincoln for a LONG time.
The LS was the first car made to be marketed to a younger generation by Lincoln for a LONG time.

The LS paved the way for the MKZ and MKS. Lincoln turned it's self around from the old man town car/limo supplier into a force to be reconed with. Lincoln is a MAJOR competitior now with the likes of BMW, benz, lexus, ect. . . Back in 1999, it was not. The LS was the turning point.

IMHO, the LS saved the brand and set it's mind set onto what we have today.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
Jaguar = make an endless list of things that you want to get fixed. Endless, because by the time you get to the item on the bottom of the list, there is a new list just as long.

Hmmmm, sounds like an ex Jaguar owner!

Sorry for the OP, an LS is more of a Hobby than transportation. Not recommended by anyone I've ever spoken to, and I shopped heavily for a used one in 06.

The V-6 versions of this car were good, b/c the engine was nothing more than a re-tuned Duratec V-6 from Ford - very reliable engine.

In general, though, I don't think I'd trade from an old Mitsu to an old Lincoln. The Lincoln will have more electrical/computer glitchy stuff go wrong on it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back