My NuFinish Review (good stuff!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Go mention nufinish on autopia.org and get ready be be flamed big time. Reason being is its junk plain and simple. Its fine for somebody that wants something simple but doesnt care about getting the best look possible but even then I wouldnt use it on my cars even if you paid me to."

Don't care about 'detailing', don't care about 'best look possible' or what 'detailers' think, only care about water beading for the longest possible time on vehicles that sit outside here in the Pacific NW. If it doesn't last as long as Nufinish it's junk, plain and simple...... :^)

Originally Posted By: 1sttruck
"Go mention nufinish on autopia.org and get ready be be flamed big time. Reason being is its junk plain and simple. Its fine for somebody that wants something simple but doesnt care about getting the best look possible but even then I wouldnt use it on my cars even if you paid me to."

Don't care about 'detailing', don't care about 'best look possible' or what 'detailers' think, only care about water beading for the longest possible time on vehicles that sit outside here in the Pacific NW. If it doesn't last as long as Nufinish it's junk, plain and simple...... :^)

+1

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Go mention nufinish on autopia.org and get ready be be flamed big time. Reason being is its junk plain and simple. Its fine for somebody that wants something simple but doesnt care about getting the best look possible but even then I wouldnt use it on my cars even if you paid me to.

It always come back to this. Yes I have been on Autopia (Great Forum). I am well aware of that attitude.

It gets down to "Is my car and keeping it like a crown jewel your life" or do I have a real life. I have used higher end products with the exception of Zaino when I had nothing better to do. For the amount of effort and great durability..NF does a very good job for a car (IMHO). There is a reason that NF is one of the best selling product on the planet.

Last edited:
I will quote Detailking from autopia just recently.

"Collinite works well on get coat and durable. I use Zaino AIO/Z2 on my boat after it's cleaned & polished, but a good one step that is durable on gelcoat (believe it or not) is NU FINISH."

If its good enough to protect a gelcoat its good enough for my car. I spent more hours then I care to recall "grinding" away on neglected boats.

ProStreetCamaro: Very nice looking cars. Im curious, what did you clean and polish the wheels with? Outstanding shine.

isnt nufinish just silicon ? my neighbors 1936 ford and my 1992 vr4 both show cars see nothing but collinite

"Cheap cost and TV ads"

A couple of months ago during a dinner conversation I tried to remember the last time that I bought anything due to advertising, and couldn't recall when that was.

I've tried different products over the years, used Rain Dance for awhile, but all the whining by detailers got my attention. When a product is consistently debated as lasting longer than one of the most cherished, expensive products it seemed like a good candidate to try.

Originally Posted By: john1782
Originally Posted By: 1sttruck

+1

+2 in addition I bought a bottle of liquid 3 years ago, and it did my 05 Accord twice, and it has been used once on my new Tacoma. Still have a half bottle left. I use a damp microfiber towel to apply. In my 53 years on this planet it is the easiest wax/polish to remove and leaves no white dust. I think most people are using way too much product if you have a dust problem.
On average it will last 6 to 9 months depending on the amount of winter salt that is on the roads. Not bad for $6 a bottle.

I have tried almost every wax and polish at our local canadian tire stores, and bout some collinite online - It is by far my favorite wax/polish - It gave my toyota a brand new showroom floor look.....and it was cheaper than the high end stuff at the store..........I am still open to try new products but so far collinite 476 is my favorite by a wide margin.

later

Originally Posted By: Al
There is a reason that NF is one of the best selling product on the planet.

It is funny how this is mentioned when it coincides with what they like but obvious do not when it does not. We know the majority is not always right.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: Al

It is funny how this is mentioned when it coincides with what they like but obvious do not when it does not. We know the majority is not always right.

This old dead dude agreed with you.
Quote:
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."
-- Henry Mencken

----- M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G----

N.F. smells like paint thinner - I have no idea why people use it on anything

NF is one of the worst products I have used...------- no lustre what so ever -when compared to other products-

Originally Posted By: nicholas

----- M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G----

N.F. smells like paint thinner - I have no idea why people use it on anything

NF is one of the worst products I have used...------- no lustre what so ever -when compared to other products-

Tell us how you really feel. I had never used NuFinish before 3 years ago. I only want to spend a hour or so every 6 to 9 months waxing. The dark blue Accord I had, when waxed/polished with NuFinish had a marvelous reflection, so good in fact that the pics I posted on DriveAccord.net, people asked what I used. I did not tell them because of the flamers(wax snobs). The NuFinish application was 3 months old. Some posters thought my car was damaged because it reflected the curb and lawn so well. I get 95% of the results with 5% of the pain. Sometimes you do get more than what you pay for.
grin2.gif

You also make the same argument about oil. We should all be using the cheapest no brand oil properly rated oil we can get because nothing is really worth more. The UOA are interesting but a well design engine will last 200k without an oil related failure. Why spend more yet some do.

The appearance of any vehicle is about 80% the paint condition and 20% the products that get on it. A car with clean smooth paint can bead water without a wax and have nice reflections. The best way to maintain a new car finish is to wash it correctly.

In the old NuFinish commercials, car may bead water but if you moved it into the sun you will see swirls everywhere.

If you cannot see swirls in cars, then then many comments here will be unappreciated. Some see them and it annoys them and some do not care.

Mistreated cars (poor washing) start showing their problems at year 3 and beyond.

Last edited:
I have used all sorts of waxes.
Nu Finish is very easy to use, and lasts. It gives a decent shine.
I am not showing the car for Concours points - If I was I'd get some fast wearing, hard to apply, expensive stuff.

Quote:
I only want to spend a hour or so every 6 to 9 months waxing.

Quote:
Mistreated cars (poor washing) start showing their problems at year 3 and beyond.

This is an argument that is more about ideology than about NuFinish.

It's obvious that NuFinish meets the needs of those who have a life beyond their material possessions.

While others think that NuFinish users should be turned in to the Family Independence Agency.

I attempt to maintain balance and moderation somewhere in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back