Wax, I should have known better !

I have a 2019 Lincoln MKC that is mint. After a car wash I decided to wax my hood. I should have known better, the hood was in the sun
and was blazing hot. I tried waterless car wash and shine, all it did was make blotches. I tried isopropyl and it took off some of the wax.
I tried dawn dishwashing liquid and it took off a lot, but not all, of it. I know I messed up, how can I Fix it?? Thank you~

Light polishing compound.

61oSv6Zw1nL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have a 2019 Lincoln MKC that is mint. After a car wash I decided to wax my hood. I should have known better, the hood was in the sun
and was blazing hot. I tried waterless car wash and shine, all it did was make blotches. I tried isopropyl and it took off some of the wax.
I tried dawn dishwashing liquid and it took off a lot, but not all, of it. I know I messed up, how can I Fix it?? Thank you~
You probably should have did decontamination and or clay bar previously, then it's recommended to wash again follow by polish, wax etc but that's water under the bridge 🌉 now. Cloudy days are best for application yet most risky also.

Dawn doesn't do anything. Don't use it. It's also not good for your plastic trim.

If you want a dedicated product that will strip existing protection try Poorboy's World Strip Down or Kamikaze's new product that can remove most sealants and even some weak coatings.

*You shouldn't need these though for just a normal wax so I'd just wash it again. Preferably with a soap like Reset.

Back