Motorcycles Blaring Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, my neighbors garbage wagon K1500 that he leaves in at 6ish AM has 1 chamber flowmasters and i have an assortment of spray foam - maybe the fire blocker kind is good for this application....

:unsure:
Almost anything can be made loud - right after hoping to have a quiet breakfast (but, staff playing loud music) - we walk out into an almost empty lot in time for a 6.2L pony car to set off an alarm with aftermarket exhaust … 😡

Ah, my neighbors garbage wagon K1500 that he leaves in at 6ish AM has 1 chamber flowmasters and i have an assortment of spray foam - maybe the fire blocker kind is good for this application....

If you're using expanding foam, spraying it with water as you apply it makes it cure faster (much faster) and expand more. Just use a spray bottle filled with water in one hand, and the can of spray foam in the other.

If you need to apply expanding foam in an area where a regular can won't fit, they make long barrel applicator guns that take the professional cans. I have one that has something like a 24" barrel on it. Very handy when I was sealing up my house during construction.

Last edited:
Loud stereos save lives.
1700407840653.jpeg

Almost anything can be made loud - right after hoping to have a quiet breakfast (but, staff playing loud music) - we walk out into an almost empty lot in time for a 6.2L pony car to set off an alarm with aftermarket exhaust … 😡

Yeah, i have no objection to a nice sounding exhaust in general - his is not that.

But it is really the 6ish AM part i have a problem with... and his attitude... anyhow...

The thing about this sorts of threads is it could just as easily be any number of other vehicles with loud music... lotta bikes around here but id say there's a higher chance of an Escalade blaring 2 live crew than a Ultra blaring VH... like it is transient moment in your life though it took longer to post than it took to happen.

There is also nothing in the bill of rights that says you have the right to never be annoyed ...

like it is transient moment in your life though it took longer to post than it took to happen.

Well, unless you live next to a road that routinely gets backed up during rush hour and you get to listen to that for several minutes. Most of the traffic on that road during rush hour is people who don't want to pay the tolls on I95.

Our HD's are loud so that the people in their cars texting can hear us and maybe not change into the same lane that we occupy.
That's along the same line as saying "loud pipes save lives"...that myth has been busted a million times...they're loud because HD riders like to make as much noise as possible to draw attention to themselves...

That's along the same line as saying "loud pipes save lives"...that myth has been busted a million times...they're loud because HD riders like to make as much noise as possible to draw attention to themselves...

Anyone behind a loud HD wants to pass it, because you can't hear it when you're in front...which tells you about how effective they are for "saving lives".

The other advantage to passing an HD is that you don't have to smell it either.

You guys just don’t understand the outlaw lifestyle… your societal norms and customs aren’t meant for us… we live on the fringe man…

Oh btw, your lab work finally came in. Come by my office next week and let’s discuss the results. Just call Shelly to make an appointment, she will fit you in.

Spend a few hours on a bike with the typical idiot driver not paying attention and you will see why it makes sense to have loud pipes. Riding without a helmet and full geat is stupid but people do it. We will all go down, its not a matter of if, its when. I'm in Sunny FL and I can tell you I rarely ride when the snow birds arrive, it's not worth my life. I have the brightest lights possible on my bike that are always on but it is inevitable that some car is going to pull out in front of me or cut me off. There is nothing quiet like being forced out of your lane my some chick texting as she drives too. I'm not defending the a-holes by any means but not all of us are that way, that's the point of this rant. Hell, I won't drive the Vette for the same reason.

Can't be any worse than the earplugs some of them use so they don't have to listen to their noise.

No sound system on any of our current sportbikes. Although the other four sportbikes all have Akrapovic Evolution full Ti exhaust systems. I always have on full leathers, gloves, boots, and an Arai Crosair X helmet, and earplugs. The earplugs are for wind noise.

I can still hear adequately with earplugs, the sound is just dampened enough to not contribute to anymore hearing degradation.

Last edited:
Spend a few hours on a bike with the typical idiot driver not paying attention and you will see why it makes sense to have loud pipes. Riding without a helmet and full geat is stupid but people do it. We will all go down, its not a matter of if, its when. I'm in Sunny FL and I can tell you I rarely ride when the snow birds arrive, it's not worth my life. I have the brightest lights possible on my bike that are always on but it is inevitable that some car is going to pull out in front of me or cut me off. There is nothing quiet like being forced out of your lane my some chick texting as she drives too. I'm not defending the a-holes by any means but not all of us are that way, that's the point of this rant. Hell, I won't drive the Vette for the same reason.

I'm not sure that loud pipes are all that effective in alerting distracted drivers to your presence. I'd have to find the data to prove my point, but the sound travel doesn't work out quite the way you might think. [I guess this has been covered above.] Anecdotally, my experience is that I don't notice loud vehicles until they are almost up to my open car window. Then, the noise is loud enough to blow my eardrums.

I'm a biker and a car guy, so I appreciate that people want to express themselves and enjoy a certain freedom. But I was never into the loud noise thing. For a while, I had some pipes on a bike that would set off alarms on parked cars, but I took them off.

I live in a city. It seems to me that everything has gotten too loud. I must be gettin' old.

Last edited:
No sound system on any of our current sportbikes. Although the other four sportbikes all have Akrapovic Evolution full Ti exhaust systems. I always have on full leathers, gloves, boots, and an Arai Crosair X helmet, and earplugs. The earplugs are for wind noise.

I can still hear adequately with earplugs, the sound is just dampened enough to not contribute to anymore hearing degradation.

I geared up the same way, including a one-piece track suit. I liked the safety. I had an Akrapovic exhaust with a removable "sound baffle." Had to order it from a parts supplier in England, wherever that is. With the baffle installed, the pipe was street legal for noise. Whether the baffle was in or out, the power gains were the same. I never removed the baffle.

Last edited:
Anyone behind a loud HD wants to pass it, because you can't hear it when you're in front...which tells you about how effective they are for "saving lives".

The other advantage to passing an HD is that you don't have to smell it either.

Don't forget revving it at every red light to make sure the bike is still on and blocking the passing lane on the highway so the group can do 10mph under the speed limit. 😂

You guys need to spend a few nights in Cyprus where Ninja’s race Busa’s and Ducati’s at 3 am right past your windows …
Waaaaayyyy worse than HD’s …

You guys need to spend a few nights in Cyprus where Ninja’s race Busa’s and Ducati’s at 3 am right past your windows …
Waaaaayyyy worse than HD’s …

I live near one of the straightest 2-lane roads in the county. At 3 am there's no traffic, and no cops. Someone wants to do a top-speed run, it's the perfect place to do it (well, except for the deer..) And they do. I've heard it. There's one 4-way stop nearby and you can tell they aren't stopping for it. Waiting for the inevitable deer collision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back