Mobil 1 Ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has a 2008 Altima with 35k miles. She drives around 10k miles a year.

My question is: Do you think a once a year Oil Change is OK, with the M1 Ext.?

I plan on using the NAPA Platinum or the Mobil 1 filter.

Does the car get a long highway drive at anytime? I'd consider 10 minute drives as severe service as the engine might not get hot enough to burn off condensation and moisture.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Does the car get a long highway drive at anytime? I'd consider 10 minute drives as severe service as the engine might not get hot enough to burn off condensation and moisture.

Yes, once or twice a week it will get a drive where it will get the oil to operating Temps.

This might not match your case exactly but, my wife drives a '00 Kia Sportage, about 15 minutes in the morning and a half hr in the pm. Just back and forth to work,and a few short errands. When we had the valve cover off it last year I was amazed how clean the motor was. I mean it looked like it was put together a month earlier. I use 10/30 EP and a pure one filter. The car only has 95k miles on it and uses maybe a half qt in a years time between changes. I think that proves to me how good it is.,,

I don't care for m1, when spending that much on oil why not use rp or redline or a higher quality oil?

Originally Posted By: boosted
I don't care for m1, when spending that much on oil why not use rp or redline or a higher quality oil?

I don't think you can find 5qts of redline/royal purple/amsoil or a higher syn oil for less than $28 like you can M1 EP at walmart. Maybe amsoil OE or XL if your lucky. You could easily double the initial investment cost on the oil. Is that worth it to the OP? I also don't think those oil are made for extended drain oil change intervals, more for performance applications.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back