Mobil 1 Cartridge filter (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of my Mobil 1 cartridge filter for my 07 Mazda 3.
The media seems extremely stiff and thick. My concern is having good flow. Am I right in my assumption that once the filter is saturated with oil, flow shouldn't be a problem.
I'm not exactly sure how a cartridge design goes into a bypass mode.

007-1.jpg

I have used several of these cartridge filters in my Fusion. They are fine. The bottom of the filter cap has the spring loaded bypass built into it. No worries mate. They figured it out. Also I bought a filter cap wrench from O'Reilly's for this set up for about 7-$8. They can order it for you.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I have used several of these cartridge filters in my Fusion. They are fine. The bottom of the filter cap has the spring loaded bypass built into it. No worries mate. They figured it out. Also I bought a filter cap wrench from O'Reilly's for this set up for about 7-$8. They can order it for you.

+1 , what he said

Thanks, I've owned the car since new. I have that filter cap wrench too, works great. I just never used the M1 filters. Usually a PUR1 with no issues. Was able to get 2 for $20 though. So 1 for my Miata and 1 for the "3".

Last edited:
You can't determine how a filter will flow by just looking at it or feeling the media. It takes sophisticated bench test equipment to determine the flow performance. I'm sure Mobil 1 has ensured it flows well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back