Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

This is such a great comparo of the CC2 with the PS4 tires (all season and summer) including their winter tire. Love this guy. Worth a watch.

Reactions: Ws6
This is such a great comparo of the CC2 with the PS4 tires (all season and summer) including their winter tire. Love this guy. Worth a watch.

I watched that some time ago.
One thing he said, in the beginning, is very, VERY true: In snow, snow tires allow you much more confidence and easily save the day.
Let's not forget, we pay a hefty amount of money for these tires, or like me, for three sets, so they can save you that one time!
With winter tires, going forward is IMO, absolutely irrelevant. Which tire can get faster to 0-60 is absolutely irrelevant in snow.
Which tire will stop fastest, handle best, and have the best recovery grip is what really matters.
CC2 is a very good proposition to many geographical regions, but for real winter, only real snow tires.

Last edited:
You are correct. Imagine if a person goes skiing. They really are needed.

I felt when driving on snow packed side streets this week, that the proper tires are in my shed. But I still want to get away with it, because it's a real sacrifice too, on top of wearing the snow tires out, if it's just warm and no snow. I think snows perform badly in rain. I guess one reason for my irrational decision is on both cars, the snows are skinnier than the summers, making their performance better in snow, and worse in no snow, when compared to the summer tires.
I was really surprised how Blizzak WS90 perform in wet.
Last winter we git screwed by Southwest, when they had that meltdown. I packed Tiguan, and hit San Diego. We have WS90 on it. CA was going through that ridiculous rain. We have been there 7 days and all of them was raining hard. For snow tire, I was really impressed by wet traction, braking and handling. I would still choose VC7 over WS90, but wet performance is really good. I have not had X-Ice Snow (I had Latitude Xi2) and from everything they are even better in wet than WS90.

Well, I can't speak to snow, but the Pilot A/S I just put on our beloved TSX transformed the car. About $800 all in at Costco. The TSX has been great all these years.

I watched that some time ago.
One thing he said, in the beginning, is very, VERY true: In snow, snow tires allow you much more confidence and easily save the day.
Let's not forget, we pay a hefty amount of money for these tires, or like me, for three sets, so they can save you that one time!
With winter tires, going forward is IMO, absolutely irrelevant. Which tire can get faster to 0-60 is absolutely irrelevant in snow.
Which tire will stop fastest, handle best, and have the best recovery grip is what really matters.
CC2 is a very good proposition to many geographical regions, but for real winter, only real snow tires.
100% agree, for diving on actual snow/ice "real winter" ares, that's all that matters and snow tires are the winner all day every day, I don't think anyone ever disuputes that in these posts and I've considered it a "duh" for people that live where you have a real winter and regular snowy/icy conditions.

100% agree, for diving on actual snow/ice "real winter" ares, that's all that matters and snow tires are the winner all day every day, I don't think anyone ever disuputes that in these posts and I've considered it a "duh" for people that live where you have a real winter and regular snowy/icy conditions.
If I lived in VA, I would still run snow tires. But, that is just bcs. I would find some ski slope with good bar that has good, cheap beer and food :)

60-0

Dry braking CC2: 126ft
Dry braking PSAS4: 114ft
Wet braking CC2: 152ft (10/32 tread)
Wet braking PSAS4: 178ft (7/32 tread)

In acceleration tests, the CC2 in wet weather bested the PSAS4 by 0.02-4 seconds 60' times, and this was reversed in dry weather. Both were plenty capable.

The PSAS4s wore out in 20k miles. We will see how the CC2s do, and that will be the biggest factor for me. Note the CC2s are costing me 7.5% range penalty.

Last edited:
Well, I’ve driven both tires in the snow. Bought two sets of the Continental. They were OK in the snow. Not great, just OK.
Myself having gone through two sets of DWS06 (not the '+' iteration), can confirm they are dangerous in the snow. Once you've switched to full winters, nothing else compares. All-seasons in the midwest should be outlawed for winter use. Stay away from me on the road whoever you are.

You are correct. Imagine if a person goes skiing. They really are needed.

I felt when driving on snow packed side streets this week, that the proper tires are in my shed. But I still want to get away with it, because it's a real sacrifice too, on top of wearing the snow tires out, if it's just warm and no snow. I think snows perform badly in rain. I guess one reason for my irrational decision is on both cars, the snows are skinnier than the summers, making their performance better in snow, and worse in no snow, when compared to the summer tires.
If your use case is just going into town occasionally with snow on the ground, you can probably get away with all-seasons. My use case is regular driving through all kinds of midwest snow, several days or even weeks out of the year. I'd be playing with fire using all-seasons.

Just replaced the Nitto Neogens on the Passat today...they were at 3-4/32" after 17K miles (they are an inexpensive "stance" all season tire at 240tw so nothing I didn't expect...got them when I got this car 3 years ago b/c it had cheap no-name Chinese tires on it and wasn't sure I was keeping it) and I'm going to an event with a long (>1K mi) drive in a few mos and wanted the best rubber for the trip/event. I like my PS4 all seasons on my Sportwagen so much figured why not on the Passat. Discount Tire had $60 off a set. New tires ride SO good...just need my son to throw it on the alignment rack and make sure that's good to go. Didn't realize the big girl needed XL load range tires....wanted to go with Conti DWS06+ but they don't come in that load range.

20240213_104253.jpg
20240213_110543.jpg
20240213_125838.jpg

Back