Attachments

• IMG_2578.jpeg
    IMG_2578.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2579.jpeg
    IMG_2579.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 151
255/50/20
Nice! These look like decent tires for those who value wear and MPGs. Not sure what the difference is between with ms2 and ms. I used the original Defenders for a while and got rid of them due to their lackluster snow performance.

From what I can tell the ms2 is still not 3pms rated, which is a dealbreaker for me.

Luckily Michelin has the Crossclimates for that.

Nice! These look like decent tires for those who value wear and MPGs. Not sure what the difference is between with ms2 and ms. I used the original Defenders for a while and got rid of them due to their lackluster snow performance.

From what I can tell the ms2 is still not 3pms rated, which is a dealbreaker for me.

These replaced the OEM Bridgestone Eccopias that were in the “yellow” at 25k miles so TireRack has a deal on these along with a Michelin $110 rebate card so bought before it became a necessity.

Are those the Defender LTX M/S2 or just the LTX M/S?

Going by the zig zag sipes all over and different sidewall lugs I say you have the older Defender LTX M/S. I have those on Wife's Pilot.
Looks like the older ones. Newer Defender's appear to be an OE fitment only (for now) or there are very very few sizes available.

Probably wasn't the best choice for a crossover, but it should work. Defender LTX's were really intended for truck-based SUV's and pick-ups.
I bought an Acura TL FWD sedan last November that had Defender LTX M/S tires installed in 2016 that now have 77k on them, still at 5/32. I was planning to get new tires for winter but a sidewall puncture accelerated that. Unsure on what to get next.

I bought an Acura TL FWD sedan last November that had Defender LTX M/S tires installed in 2016 that now have 77k on them, still at 5/32. I was planning to get new tires for winter but a sidewall puncture accelerated that. Unsure on what to get next.

I thought you got a set of RT43s?

I thought you got a set of RT43s?
I did. Defender LTX M/S tires are what was already on my car. RT43's are what I ordered and are waiting for me to pick up at the Tire Rack warehouse.

I've been poking around on here to be sure that's what I want. I've been reading about Conti sidewall issues...since those RT43's are discontinued, it'd just really suck to have a sidewall blowout in a couple years...then what?

M/S2 has better chipping and puncture resistance. Defender was always exceptional H/T tire without calling it that way. They figured a lot of people like them bcs. On road performance and actually pretty decent off road performance. So, they improved on that.
Also, they further lower weight which is something considering old ones were very light.

I did. Defender LTX M/S tires are what was already on my car. RT43's are what I ordered and are waiting for me to pick up at the Tire Rack warehouse.

I've been poking around on here to be sure that's what I want. I've been reading about Conti sidewall issues...since those RT43's are discontinued, it'd just really suck to have a sidewall blowout in a couple years...then what?
I think those issues are....overblown.
1692047412231.png

I think those issues are....overblown.
View attachment 172845
Yeaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

So the RT43 at $107 is the right call? I mean, if there was something better within say $100 total set I’d probably want that, but when the prices are almost double…eh. These LTX’s for example…double.

Last edited:
Probably wasn't the best choice for a crossover, but it should work. Defender LTX's were really intended for truck-based SUV's and pick-ups.

I would agree with that after putting a couple hundred miles on them. I’m pretty loyal to Michelin so these were the highest rated in my size; I don’t need extreme cold like a CrossClimate. I considered the Primacy which is a car/crossover touring tire but the reviews I read were not encouraging regarding wear and performance surprisingly so these were it in an all season for us.

They def would be great on a full size pick up or something like a Tahoe or Armada. Either way looks like we’ll be enjoying them for 60-70k more miles on average.

I would agree with that after putting a couple hundred miles on them. I’m pretty loyal to Michelin so these were the highest rated in my size; I don’t need extreme cold like a CrossClimate. I considered the Primacy which is a car/crossover touring tire but the reviews I read were not encouraging regarding wear and performance surprisingly so these were it in an all season for us.

They def would be great on a full size pick up or something like a Tahoe or Armada. Either way looks like we’ll be enjoying them for 60-70k more miles on average.

Give some reviews once they broken in! I was looking at a set for the CX5 before I got my current pirellis because I've heard nothing but good things about them but I've never tried a HT/LT-oriented tire.

Back