Mayor's Action & Response

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you have railed against the NYPD turning their back on their mayor. Let's take a step back and realize this mayor ran on an anti-police campaign and rode it hard. NYPD has taken his personal and political bashing with great restraint and respect.

After the incitement he helped create, two men were assassinated. Great leaders quell and bring together sides not seek to separate and fuel the fire. He and our president are divisive people intent on political wins not providing leadership to their people.

For those of you who said it was disrespectful to the family; it wasn't done without their knowledge and approval. It was a statement of unity and the ultimate non-verbal, nationally televised, message that you sir, have failed.

An additional note, many are saying it was inappropriate. Ask yourself, is it ok to protest? Of course it is, it is a constitutional right. The NYPD officer have the same constitutional right to protest as well. Your speech is no greater protected than theirs. Those that say it's ok to protest and interrupt merchant's ability to earn a living yet feel the NYPD actions were wrong, should reevaluate. NYPD's actions harmed no one, except for the single man who choose to put himself in that position. You can't say the same for many of the other protests.

The police have the right to protest. Anyone that disagrees, makes me very fearful for our future.

That being said, if the mayor ran on an anti police platform, and got elected, it sounds like he's doing what the people wanted. How bad is it in NYC?

Anytime you start getting to the truth just tell them to lock thread . Impo how do you fix a problem with out finding out the what the problem is . Impo the political class in the great nation don't what problems fix they want more problems

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
+1
Couldn't agree more with ya!

+2

Don't be surprised if this thread gets locked up too.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Many of you have railed against the NYPD turning their back on their mayor. Let's take a step back and realize this mayor ran on an anti-police campaign and rode it hard. NYPD has taken his personal and political bashing with great restraint and respect.

How so? What part was anti-police?
Yes he spoke out against dirty cops and bad policies but never did I seem him say all police were bad.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
I think that it was wrong to do that at a funeral, and reinforces negative images of police.

Maybe the family should have sought your approval before they said it was ok. I don't see how it reinforces a negative image....IMHO quite the contrary. I believe it was the epitome of non-violent protest. Sure seems to have gotten their point across without harming anyone or interrupting an innocent persons daily life or caused havoc on commerce.

I think that it was wrong to do that at a funeral, and reinforces negative images of police.

Yep this only makes the police look bad and at this time when the media and internet are watching this is not the time to act like little spoiled brats, esp a funeral that is supposed to honor someone.

Originally Posted By: Jimzz

Yes he spoke out against dirty cops and bad policies but never did I seem him say all police were bad.

When did he ever differentiate between "dirty" cops and the rest who aren't? Never. He painted all 28k of them with the same biased brush.

Yep this only makes the police look bad and at this time when the media and internet are watching this is not the time to act like little spoiled brats, esp a funeral that is supposed to honor someone.

There is no reasoning with someone who has already made up his mind. To call them spoiled little brats? If those are your words on their actions, please share your thoughts on the other protests that caused violence and destroyed businesses.....This auta be a classic. Hurry, before the thread gets locked.

Somebody has a mighty big chip on their shoulder.....

Last edited:
The thread already got locked. Lock it.

OP why post again?

Its all about respect or really lack thereof. Respect the BITOG moderator.

When did he ever differentiate between "dirty" cops and the rest who aren't? Never. He painted all 28k of them with the same biased brush.

Such as? You keep repeating it and all I am asking is you to back that up, that is all.

I did not see or get that vide in any of his ads or speeches.

Maybe the family should have sought your approval before they said it was ok. I don't see how it reinforces a negative image....IMHO quite the contrary. I believe it was the epitome of non-violent protest. Sure seems to have gotten their point across without harming anyone or interrupting an innocent persons daily life or caused havoc on commerce.

(serious post)
Valid points. But at a FUNERAL?

You say that "The family said it was ok".. Where did they say this? And don't you think that a police family going against the mayor as well is only furthering strife? Instead of trying to come up with a resolution?

(lighthearted post)
And "my approval?"
crackmeup2.gif
Good one, brotha.
10.gif

If I had ever acted this way toward a superior officer in the military I'd be sitting in Fort Leavenworth right now.

This is the difference between a professional organization and an unprofessional organization.

Just sayin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back