Lucas Oil Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: easytim
Lucas is made from oil, its an oil product, oil from oil. Call it an additive, your adding oil to oil.

So I should prob put the extra virgin olive oil that I have in my motor, its oil right????

So what if it foams. I know my parts are coated with oil,

this is where your wrong, where it foams theres oxygen, wheres theres oxygen theres prob no oil, no oil no lubrication, no lubrication = metal on metal contact

I no longer use any oil. Come time for my oil change I use to see about 1/2 quart down on the dip stick. Now it shows full on the dip stick.

your not using oil because, your thickening your oil. there are better ways to do this check out the scheaffers 132 thread. you shouldnt really need to thicken your oil, if your consuming oil badly you have a problem with your motor weather it be crank vent or rings etc. or a leak check everything try ARX and use a quality motor oil that doesnt burn as easily

Originally Posted By: Taylor
stuffs garbage IMO

Where is your proof?

theres a voa on here somewhere, this is just MY OPINION do as you may

How come when I shut the engine off and check the dip stick I don't see foaming, the oil looks like any other oil? I think the test that Bob does is a crock.

Last edited:
How come Lucas says you can go another 1,500 miles 50% more from a 3,000 mile oil change.

I think they have to justify the price someone pays for their product.

Frank D

When I run the car on the highway and change to oil right after I do not see a white foaming in the oil like Bob would have us believe

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
How come Lucas says you can go another 1,500 miles 50% more from a 3,000 mile oil change.

I think they have to justify the price someone pays for their product.

Frank D

Paying $8.00 for one quart of Lucas stabilzer and going an additional 1,500 miles pays for itself

Paying $7.99 for one quart of Lucas stabilzer and going an additional 1,500 miles pays for itself

Last edited:
You have problems posting... Find the VOA. there's nothing in it. It's just an oil thickener. The improved mileage was probably in your head.

So just because I now thickened the oil, I can go 1,500 miles more on an oil change.

And just because I get 25.3 now instead of 21.2 miles per gallon its because the oil is thicker and its now in my head that this stuff really works.

What exactly is bad in the VOA? Is the viscosity too thick? What exactly is bad and why? lol he he he

Last edited:
ummm if you compare the voas of the RT blend to straight rotella you will see how much this stuff dropped all adds....why dont you try to run your oil the extra 1500mi without the lucas, your prob better off.... as i said before stuffs garbage. and for your milage gains... IDK your math, or your monitoring? thats a good question, cant defy the laws of physics if its thicker its harder to move so it would take more energy resulting in a loss of energy. maybe a gain from no longer consuming oil, increased compression? idk just cuz they claim you can add 1500 mi to your oci doesnt mean jack...you should already be running 5000mi ocis anyway with no lucas.

and i doubt you would see foam on your dipstick think about it....its submerged in oil then you pull the dipstick though the oil when you lift it out. If you had a clear view window in your pan i bet you would see bubbles....

Thanks Taylor,

I think I'll go to SAMS and get some Rotella T Synthetic 5W40

What do you think?

Last edited:
I live close to Schaeffer's packing house. Of the 2 Schaeffer's or Rotella T Synthetic 5W40

Its going to be one of these 2

Which one to you favor?

i prefer RTS, a lot of people here say schaeffers is god i dont know much about it. all depends on your application.

Testing a thickener in FL heat might not reflect what happens when used in the north. Also, using it with a high-additive HD oil might not accurately reflect the depleted additive situation either. Whatever, have fun. I would not run it in my car for $100 and a free UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back