Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniff the Kreen for a while
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Hard to believe the anti-additive crowd has not loaded their 16inch deck guns over this Kreen product.

I would not put that stuff in my engine.

Originally Posted By: Mokanic
Originally Posted By: tom slick
Courier, I think you just enjoy the mystery aspect of MMO
wink.gif

Its the smell. Who cares if it does not work.It smells nice.
GOOD AFTER SHAVE TOO N CLEANS RAZORS
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Hard to believe the anti-additive crowd has not loaded their 16inch deck guns over this Kreen product.

I would not put that stuff in my engine.

Any particular reason? Have you tried it or just generally knocking the product because it contains solvents?

As mentioned before, it worked great for my Saturn and I'm close to round 2!
thumbsup2.gif

Update: Just finished round 1 of Kreen on my car. I ran the oil for around 2200 miles and the oil came out DIRTY!. I know color is not an indication but there was some cleaning going on there. The car did run really smooth for the first 1100 miles but then I could feel that the filter was getting full.

2nd round stared yesterday with Supertech 5 30, will probably run this for around 1500 miles or so.

Thanks for the update.
Did you run other cleaners before this and did you add another 16oz at 1k?
Can you see anything down the fill hole as far as cleanliness or varnish?
Do you think it would be beneficial to swap the filter at 1k?

Sorry for all the questions but its interesting to see what results others are getting.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Trav
Thanks for the update.
Did you run other cleaners before this and did you add another 16oz at 1k?
Can you see anything down the fill hole as far as cleanliness or varnish?
Do you think it would be beneficial to swap the filter at 1k?

Sorry for all the questions but its interesting to see what results others are getting.

Thanks

I did 2 cycles of Auto rx and 2 with MMO before this. I think it would be beneficial because after the 1k the mark the car just didnt feel "smooth" the acceleration wasnt as effortless as it normally should be you know. Just the experience I have had this with the 2jzge motor.

Originally Posted By: gs300tx
The car did run really smooth for the first 1100 miles but then I could feel that the filter was getting full.

What is your hypothesis for how a full filter affects the vehicle performance? I was also interested in your earlier statement that your car runs better for a while on fresh oil, then tapers off.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
The car did run really smooth for the first 1100 miles but then I could feel that the filter was getting full.

What is your hypothesis for how a full filter affects the vehicle performance? I was also interested in your earlier statement that your car runs better for a while on fresh oil, then tapers off.

When I was doing the Auto Rx phases, instead of the 1200 miles or whatever they had I would change it sooner than that and as soon as I did that I find that my car would run smoother. I am not saying that every car will have the same results as mine but it is something to consider.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels

When I was doing the Auto Rx phases, instead of the 1200 miles or whatever they had I would change it sooner than that and as soon as I did that I find that my car would run smoother. I am not saying that every car will have the same results as mine but it is something to consider.

So the way I would know it was time to change my filter was based on how smooth the car was running, not very scientific i know, but it worked.

Products I have used..
MMO.. Works well in the oil and fuel
BG 109 and 105.. Cleans rings well
Gunk flush.. Minimal working
Sea Foam.. Minimal working
LiquiMoly.. Engine flush minimal working
ProTec (Europe).. Great on rings
ARX.. Minimal or no working at all
Berryman.. No longer recommended for use in oil, it will free a stuck lifter pretty quick.
Rislone.. Close to MMO in the oil, it does clean.
Kreen surpasses all these, some by a very wide margin.

Hi Trav,
I have a minor oil consumption in my 2003 Corolla made in 2002 and Corollas made before 2003 suffer from ring deposits.
I did MMO piston soak with MMO in the last OCI. Initially I thought it helped but consumption came back after 3000 miles. I plan to run MMO it in last 500 miles of the current OCI (right about now).
Would Kreen help with ring deposits? Or should I go with BG105/109 or keep trying MMO?
Thanks!

I would try BG 109 with the old oil at OC time or put 12oz of Kreen in it for last 1k of the OCI.
Both work very well on the rings.

MMO is cheap enough and readily available i would run it a full OCI before getting into more extreme chemicals.

49.gif

Tagging onto the Kreen thread with my anectdote... my quart arrived on last Friday. Daughter comes home from school in her 2000 Mitsu Eclipse w/ 4 cylinder motor (and 145k miles). That car has had a ticking at startup and idle since she bought it last year.

Popped the hood, I pour 8 oz into the oil, tell her to fire it up. 30 seconds later she's standing next to me looking at the engine and the ticking stops. She laughed and said thanks. So far, 2 days and about 60 miles later as of this morning, and the ticking has not returned.

Just another anectdote, take it for what it's worth.

Originally Posted By: MaxZX
That car has had a ticking at startup and idle since she bought it last year.

Had you tried any other products to address the ticking before Kreen?

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
Originally Posted By: MaxZX
That car has had a ticking at startup and idle since she bought it last year.

Had you tried any other products to address the ticking before Kreen?

First thing I did was put Pennzoil HM, 5w30, and half pint of MMO in the crankcase. New plugs and air filter, too. Car ran fine, just always had that ticking. I'm not much on additives in general unless they seem to be "proven" (Trav's posts are very convincing), but I did try a can of some oil "conditioner" or thickener, don't recall the brand. That was all done within a month of her getting the car. She's about 500 miles out from another oil change (5k OCI) at the moment. I can't say the Kreen definitively did the trick, but the timing of the ticking stopping is hard to ignore.

The engines i did had 2x ARX clean and rinse phases and had showed no significant improvement

Sounds like this product does not really work in engines. JMO

Quote:
I have used MMO and got some improvement on engines that were not to bad,but the Honda was only running on 3 cyl because the oil passages were blocked to the actuators.

Sounds like MMO is a better product than auto-rx.

Quote:
From my experience there is no comparison between ARX and Kreen

It sure sounds like auto-rx is a product that will show little results in cleaning up an engine. JMO

The more I read about Kreen, and from seeing what my brother accomplished with it the more I like it. The product works as advertised, the company has a great reputation, and a long history. Also based on Trav's findings and testing of other products, in more than one application I have no doubt whatsoever! If I wanted to clean an engine up fast I'd use Kreen w/o hesitation. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back