Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
The instructions on the can are 16 oz in the oil and 16oz in the tank,repeat every 1k.
I find 8 oz in a 3qt pan,12 oz in a 4 has the same effect as 16 oz in a 5.It does burn off within 1k so don't substitute half a quart.I plan to add it again at 1k on one of the cars to finish the job(it was terrible).When its done i plan on running PU or 16oz of MMO with dino every OCI to keep it that way.

Sounds like a solid plan and something I'd do for a heavily sludged or varnished up engine.

What do you top up with when it burns off? Or are you overfilling with the Kreen expecting it to burn off?

It burns off in about 1k so overfill by the amount of Kreen needed,it creates no problems because about 50% gets burned off within a few hundred miles.
The flash point of the product alone is very low 70f IIRC, i got optimal results when i added it and drive it right away for about 30 min.

They say add another dose at 1k,i did this on one Toyota and had no problems.The engine runs better everyday.

Hi Trav,

I live next door to you! (off rt 119 in Westford) Please PM me your contact info; your PM is blocked.

Thanks,
- Vikas

I found the Kreen at the doorstep yesterday! Putting it in soon & will report back!

I had a few questions about this product.

So do you add this stuff to new oil or can it be added at any point in the oci.

Is it safe to run this multiple times? how many times would be necessary to clean out a sludged up engine?

Can you run this longer than 1k?

Thanks

You can add it at any time as long as there is 1K left on the OCI.You can add (they recommend it) up to 16oz every 1k.
I have found that the slight overfill drops in 600-800mi
so repeating does not significantly overfill the engine.
I am guessing that 3 16oz doses should over a single OCI would get the engine sludge free,varnish takes a lot less.

It seems they are specifying 16oz using a 5qt sump i have been adding 16oz to a 5-6qt pan and 8 oz in a 3qt Toyota pan.
Approx 3oz per qt seems to be provide good results.

They also recommend 16oz in the fuel,i have no idea on how many gal this is based on but i suspect its not as relevant as the oil.I put 16oz in a full 20 gal and 8 oz in the Toyota 10 gal tank.These fuel systems were clean so no real results from this on these engines to post.

Last edited:
You can add it at any time as long as there is 1K left on the OCI.You can add (they recommend it) up to 16oz every 1k.
I have found that the slight overfill drops in 600-800mi
so repeating does not significantly overfill the engine.
I am guessing that 3 16oz doses should over a single OCI would get the engine sludge free,varnish takes a lot less.

It seems they are specifying 16oz using a 5qt sump i have been adding 16oz to a 5-6qt pan and 8 oz in a 3qt Toyota pan.
Approx 3oz per qt seems to be provide good results.

They also recommend 16oz in the fuel,i have no idea on how many gal this is based on but i suspect its not as relevant as the oil.I put 16oz in a full 20 gal and 8 oz in the Toyota 10 gal tank.These fuel systems were clean so no real results from this on these engines to post.

Thanks

Don't you guys worry about this being a very strong solvent and possibly damaging seals or bearings?

Or adding wear?

It sounds risky.

I think that if it would be formulated to be safe for use with modern seal materials. I would probably use this stuff along with 15W-40 HDEO for more wear protection.

Off topic... years ago we had a neighbor lady from Taiwan that when she said the word "clean", she pronounced it "kreen".

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
years ago we had a neighbor lady from Taiwan that when she said the word "clean", she actually said "kreen"

She makes perfect sense to me. I sometimes will say Zerox instead of "copy" and Google instead of "search". If she is using Kreen to clean then that is Kosher, another word "OK".

I feel certain she never used or even heard of the "Kreen" being discussed in this thread, but it did make me think that is how Kano Labs came up with the name Kreen ....sounds like "clean"?

I guess that it is right there with the same idea of their Kroil (penetrating oil), "the oil that creeps". Kreeping oil. Kroil. Proprietary words for unique products.

Originally Posted By: Vspec
Don't you guys worry about this being a very strong solvent and possibly damaging seals or bearings?

Or adding wear?

It sounds risky.

Yes very much so.
After finding nothing about these issues i decided to run it in a couple of engines that i didn't care if they went bang or not.Both ran perfectly well even when used with "thin" oil.
almost 3K in one and 2K in the other in 100f heat with 5w-30 and nothing negative,oil pressure remains stable and almost exactly the same pressure as before.

It appears the strong solvents are done their work very quickly and burn off leaving some other cleaning compounds behind.It is now in 6 engines and all are showing improvement and show no evidence of being starved for lubrication and are leak free as before using it.

I feel 100% comfortable putting it in an engine after seeing the results.

Originally Posted By: axjohn
Sadly, this product cannot be shipped to "Ka Lee 4 Knee Uh"

axjohn- darn. I just placed an order last night. I'm assuming I'll be receiving a notice tomorrow. What was their explanation?

I poured Kreen into the oil on my Saturn yesterday.

1st impression: THE CAP AND CAN DESIGN MAKES IT RUN RIGHT DOWN THE SIDE OF THE CAN SPILLING ALL OVER!!!!! BAD!!!
33.gif
Designers ---->
spankme2.gif

Yep that can is a PITA.I got the 32oz plastic bottle from them that helps a lot if you fill it with a big funnel.

Last edited:
It appears the strong solvents are done their work very quickly and burn off leaving some other cleaning compounds behind.It is now in 6 engines and all are showing improvement and show no evidence of being starved for lubrication and are leak free as before using it.

I feel 100% comfortable putting it in an engine after seeing the results

It sounds like this KREEN Product is a WINNER and all of the stuff that we heard about solvents being bad for our engines was just MISINFORMATION.

Originally Posted By: c3po

It sounds like this KREEN Product is a WINNER and all of the stuff that we heard about solvents being bad for our engines was just MISINFORMATION.

That is just this months flavor at BITOG!
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back